DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 327367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:The silence/slowness is excruciating. Just me?


also dying. this whole finalist designation thing doesn't seem to alleviate the problem of transparency if there are still internal hurdles that we don't see for making an offer.


I keep thinking that maybe one of my references hasn't replied or something. If they would just let me know, I could provide a new one, or whatever.


I actually had this issue a couple weeks ago, and they did reach out to me and I provided alternatives and then bugged my original reference to also respond. This was for ATR. If it was an issue, they'd reach out.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:The silence/slowness is excruciating. Just me?


also dying. this whole finalist designation thing doesn't seem to alleviate the problem of transparency if there are still internal hurdles that we don't see for making an offer.


I keep thinking that maybe one of my references hasn't replied or something. If they would just let me know, I could provide a new one, or whatever.


I actually had this issue a couple weeks ago, and they did reach out to me and I provided alternatives and then bugged my original reference to also respond. This was for ATR. If it was an issue, they'd reach out.


Hey! That's awesome! One less thing to obsess over. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous User
Posts: 327367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:The silence/slowness is excruciating. Just me?


also dying. this whole finalist designation thing doesn't seem to alleviate the problem of transparency if there are still internal hurdles that we don't see for making an offer.


I so wish there was a ranking system that we could see. Mostly so I'd know whether/when I need to start getting aggressive about finding other jobs.


#preach

Anonymous User
Posts: 327367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:05 am

Come on DC. Get with it! Call us! We will work very hard for you! ;)

Anonymous User
Posts: 327367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:12 pm

So, another day of silence. I'm assuming nothing will happen tomorrow.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:35 pm

Yeah this is kind of excruciating.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:22 pm

Got a spam phone call. My heart lurched. I thought waiting for admissions decisions was tough, but nope.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Yeah this is kind of excruciating.


If you want to share in my now even more excruciating wait:
[+] Spoiler
I just filled out the PMF application, and found out that only 60% of PMF finalists receive an offer. I hope the odds for finalists are better here.

[+] Spoiler
Image

flypelicanfly

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:53 pm

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby flypelicanfly » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:45 pm

Just got an offer from a court in Texas.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Got a spam phone call. My heart lurched. I thought waiting for admissions decisions was tough, but nope.

Yeah this is definitely worse. Totally going crazy. Honestly wish they didn't have a status thing. I did SLIP but already had a summer thing lined up, so I ignored avue last year during the application process. When I got a call it was a pleasant surprise. Having something to obsess over seems to make this far anxiety inducing.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:31 pm

flypelicanfly wrote:Just got an offer from a court in Texas.


did they call or email? mind saying which city?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Got a spam phone call. My heart lurched. I thought waiting for admissions decisions was tough, but nope.


lol same. Not that spam calls aren't already annoying, but today it was AWFUL.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:08 am

flypelicanfly wrote:Just got an offer from a court in Texas.


Congratulations! Please update the spreadsheet in OP.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:51 am

Has anyone received reimbursement for their interview expenses yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:57 pm

PSA: If you are an OCIJ finalist please input/update your information on the spreadsheet in OP. We currently have info on 9 out of some number greater than 100.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:13 pm

Update Federal programs too, pleeeeeeease.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:57 pm

Just accepted an offer at FP. Will be declining in torts, tax civ, and tax crim. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

flypelicanfly

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:53 pm

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby flypelicanfly » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
flypelicanfly wrote:Just got an offer from a court in Texas.


did they call or email? mind saying which city?



They sent an email, but they might have tried calling (my phone isn't working). The offer was for a small immigration court in the RGV. Good luck!

Anonymous User
Posts: 327367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just accepted an offer at FP. Will be declining in torts, tax civ, and tax crim. Good luck to everyone still waiting.


Did they just now call you? Or was this a pending offer?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just accepted an offer at FP. Will be declining in torts, tax civ, and tax crim. Good luck to everyone still waiting.


Did they just now call you? Or was this a pending offer?


It was pending for about a week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just accepted an offer at FP. Will be declining in torts, tax civ, and tax crim. Good luck to everyone still waiting.


Did they just now call you? Or was this a pending offer?


It was pending for about a week.


Bummer. Thanks!

Anonymous User
Posts: 327367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:48 pm

flypelicanfly wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
flypelicanfly wrote:Just got an offer from a court in Texas.


did they call or email? mind saying which city?



They sent an email, but they might have tried calling (my phone isn't working). The offer was for a small immigration court in the RGV. Good luck!

Congrats! How long after your references were checked did you get th call?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:09 pm

flypelicanfly wrote:Just got an offer from a court in Texas.



CONGRATS!! Was that location one of the locations you selected at your interview?

flypelicanfly

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:53 pm

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby flypelicanfly » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
flypelicanfly wrote:Just got an offer from a court in Texas.



CONGRATS!! Was that location one of the locations you selected at your interview?



Nope, it wasn't, but I selected a couple of other cities in Texas, so it wasn't a totally random.

flypelicanfly

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:53 pm

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby flypelicanfly » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
flypelicanfly wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
flypelicanfly wrote:Just got an offer from a court in Texas.


did they call or email? mind saying which city?



They sent an email, but they might have tried calling (my phone isn't working). The offer was for a small immigration court in the RGV. Good luck!

Congrats! How long after your references were checked did you get th call?


I think my references got the email questionnaire last Thursday or Friday.



Return to “Legal Employment?

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.