DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:30 am

Deana Willis wrote:I have posted updates for Antitrust-Washington. Status for these candidates has been updated.

Anonymous User

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:33 am

AHH. Moving now.

I interviewed for two components and one disappeared. The one that disappeared is now back with a finalist status and the other one just disappeared!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:36 am

Anonymous User wrote:AHH. Moving now.

I interviewed for two components and one disappeared. The one that disappeared is now back with a finalist status and the other one just disappeared!

Same. Finalist for FedP. God wants me to have some kind of fucked up decision here.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:42 am

Anonymous User wrote:re: EOIR OCIJ, I understand this component takes longer than the rest, but anyone think they're still being held to the nov. 18 deadline to designate finalists and therefore will reflect on avue? im thinking about this too much....

I'm right there with you - I know we can't do anything but wait, but the waiting is so tough. My status hasn't changed and component is still listed. Any EOIR interviewees seeing changes?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:42 am

Anonymous User wrote:

Same. Finalist for FedP. God wants me to have some kind of fucked up decision here.

Yeah that and CRT have to be the toughest decisions to make

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:46 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I am struggling. We need good people in government, we do. I trust myself to keep my moral core intact, but how do I know I'm not giving myself too much credit?

BUT on the other hand, most of the litigation we'd get would still be Obama related litigation for quite some time. Isn't it a good thing to keep the good fight going on behalf of that?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:46 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I am struggling. We need good people in government, we do. I trust myself to keep my moral core intact, but how do I know I'm not giving myself too much credit?

BUT on the other hand, most of the litigation we'd get would still be Obama related litigation for quite some time. Isn't it a good thing to keep the good fight going on behalf of that?

All it would take is the AAG or AG to say "don't defend it."

Some of the hacks that have been floated for AG are terrifying.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:55 am

Anonymous User wrote:Finalist for wash ATR

+1 -- and my "selected by" component disappeared yesterday, for what it's worth.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:58 am

Anonymous User wrote:

Finalist currently for torts, fed programs, tax crim, tax civ. Interviewed with comm lit and a USAO, but neither of those components presently displays on my Avue profile. Worried about defending the deportation squads or whatever if I'm offered by FedP. :|

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:59 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Finalist currently for torts, fed programs, tax crim, tax civ. Interviewed with comm lit and a USAO, but neither of those components presently displays on my Avue profile. Worried about defending the deportation squads or whatever if I'm offered by FedP. :|

Do you think one of the other components would sit better for your conscience if you were offered it?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:05 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Finalist for wash ATR

+1 -- and my "selected by" component disappeared yesterday, for what it's worth.

Thirdsies. I also had the component code disappear in the "selected by" category yesterday.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:24 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Do you think one of the other components would sit better for your conscience if you were offered it?

I've spoken with a few mentors about this issue in recent days. It seems like torts and tax might be a bit further removed from a Trump agenda, whereas fedp, crim, fbi, and potentially the USAOs could be more compromised. I've wavered, though. Hard to know what to do. So many known unknowns, and unknown unknowns...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:25 am

Congrats to everyone who's a finalist (although it's certainly more bittersweet than expected). Any movement on CRT? And do we think they're actually going to hire 6 instead of 12, given rumors that it may be cut in half?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:54 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:re: EOIR OCIJ, I understand this component takes longer than the rest, but anyone think they're still being held to the nov. 18 deadline to designate finalists and therefore will reflect on avue? im thinking about this too much....

I'm right there with you - I know we can't do anything but wait, but the waiting is so tough. My status hasn't changed and component is still listed. Any EOIR interviewees seeing changes?

I have a feeling EOIR(OCIJ) will be internally submitted at 4:59 on Friday and updated Monday, unless Deana pities us.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:58 am

Anyone have an idea of finalist --> offer conversion rate? I know there was a post that they interview 3 people per spot, but that's all I've heard.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:07 am

From Deana: CIV FEDP, Civ APP, and BOP finalists have been posted.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:10 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone have an idea of finalist --> offer conversion rate? I know there was a post that they interview 3 people per spot, but that's all I've heard.

Wondering this myself.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:53 am

Finalist for Wash-ATR and NY-ATR

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:09 pm

USAOs and Comm Lit is up

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:USAOs and Comm Lit is up

I interviewed in Ohio, but didn't get the status change. Disappointed, as that was my top choice. Big congrats to whoever got it though!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:USAOs and Comm Lit is up

I interviewed in Ohio, but didn't get the status change. Disappointed, as that was my top choice. Big congrats to whoever got it though!

Same.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:39 pm

Has anyone else who has been designated as a finalist received an offer yet? The spreadsheet only has 1 person reporting an offer, but from this comment chain it seems like it should be more than that so far.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:40 pm

Apparently tax finalists were up last week. I'm still showing selected for interview :(

Return to “Legal Employment?