DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 309457
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:45 pm

I interviewed with three components. One has disappeared and the other two remain in the "selected by" column. Status hasn't changed.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309457
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:02 pm

The disappearing components feel portentous but who knows what they mean.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309457
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:09 pm

This is starting to feel like election night.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309457
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:The disappearing components feel portentous but who knows what they mean.


Deana Willis wrote:Please bear in mind that as we move forward in the hiring process, the focus of the display will move forward also. If your status updates to "finalist," then the display will show the codes for components that selected you as a finalist. It will NOT continue to show codes for the components that selected you for interviews. You already know who selected you for an interview, so the focus now shifts to keeping you informed of the components that are considering you for an offer.


One (personally disappointing) possibility.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309457
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:The disappearing components feel portentous but who knows what they mean.


Deana Willis wrote:Please bear in mind that as we move forward in the hiring process, the focus of the display will move forward also. If your status updates to "finalist," then the display will show the codes for components that selected you as a finalist. It will NOT continue to show codes for the components that selected you for interviews. You already know who selected you for an interview, so the focus now shifts to keeping you informed of the components that are considering you for an offer.


One (personally disappointing) possibility.


I mean, that could cut both ways, right? Either you are no longer "selected for interview" because you are a finalist, or it disappeared because you are not a finalist.

I am keeping my head up because I can't imagine that there are no finalists on TLS. I think this may very well just be a glitch.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309457
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:The disappearing components feel portentous but who knows what they mean.


Deana Willis wrote:Please bear in mind that as we move forward in the hiring process, the focus of the display will move forward also. If your status updates to "finalist," then the display will show the codes for components that selected you as a finalist. It will NOT continue to show codes for the components that selected you for interviews. You already know who selected you for an interview, so the focus now shifts to keeping you informed of the components that are considering you for an offer.


One (personally disappointing) possibility.


I mean, that could cut both ways, right? Either you are no longer "selected for interview" because you are a finalist, or it disappeared because you are not a finalist.

I am keeping my head up because I can't imagine that there are no finalists on TLS. I think this may very well just be a glitch.

Well I still have my ATR "selected by" component, so we'll find out one way or another.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309457
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:The disappearing components feel portentous but who knows what they mean.


Deana Willis wrote:Please bear in mind that as we move forward in the hiring process, the focus of the display will move forward also. If your status updates to "finalist," then the display will show the codes for components that selected you as a finalist. It will NOT continue to show codes for the components that selected you for interviews. You already know who selected you for an interview, so the focus now shifts to keeping you informed of the components that are considering you for an offer.


One (personally disappointing) possibility.


I mean, that could cut both ways, right? Either you are no longer "selected for interview" because you are a finalist, or it disappeared because you are not a finalist.

I am keeping my head up because I can't imagine that there are no finalists on TLS. I think this may very well just be a glitch.


That is one possibility, but:

If your status does not change to finalist, and continues to read "Selected for interview," then, at that point in the process, you have not been identified as a finalist. The Avue system will continue to list the codes for the components that selected you for an interview.


It seems like the issue falls in-between both of the statements from Deana . . . which of course means that its time to tear all of my hair out.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309457
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:15 pm

I think it means if "selected by" is gone we are not finalists.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309457
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:19 pm

When I was waiting for my finalist designation, I saw my "selected by" disappear, but then I was a finalist for the component that had disappeared.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309457
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:19 pm

Just wait until deana posts

Anonymous User
Posts: 309457
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:20 pm

Or send her a PM on avue and ask.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309457
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I think it means if "selected by" is gone we are not finalists.


Even another possibility is that some, but not all, ATR finalists have been cleared.

Haha. Fuck me. Mine is gone, FWIW

Anonymous User
Posts: 309457
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:12 pm

Any movement for CRT? Mine still says "Selected for Interview."

Anonymous User
Posts: 309457
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I think it means if "selected by" is gone we are not finalists.


I kinda hope so. Nothing has changed for me. Anyone who interviewed with BOP or FBI showing a change?

Anonymous User
Posts: 309457
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:19 pm

Just logically, if its gone, it would seem to be more likely that you're a finalist. That is, the system no longer tags you as selected, you're a finalist. Perahps they store the data as "either/or." But for whatever reason, they haven't advanced to the finalist label.

This would fit with the early interview notices. People had component interview notices, but the label hadn't changed to selected for interview. The selection lead the label, so to speak.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309457
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:24 pm

Who wants to join me on the roller coaster ride of speculation regarding the ratio of offerees/alternates?

Anonymous User
Posts: 309457
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I think it means if "selected by" is gone we are not finalists.


I kinda hope so. Nothing has changed for me. Anyone who interviewed with BOP or FBI showing a change?


Another BOP interviewee here, and nope.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309457
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:30 pm

My selected by (for interview) for ATR-SF is gone, and my selected by (for interview) for ATR-Wash. remains. No idea what this means based on everyone else's experience and what Deana said.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309457
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:36 pm

selected for an interview remains, selected by is blank, ATR SF and DC interviewee here too. Guess we'll find out soon.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309457
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:00 pm

re: EOIR OCIJ, I understand this component takes longer than the rest, but anyone think they're still being held to the nov. 18 deadline to designate finalists and therefore will reflect on avue? im thinking about this too much....

Anonymous User
Posts: 309457
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:22 pm

Enjoy a DOJ being run by Ted Cruz..... I have declined my finalist interview as of a hour ago.

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse

Diamond
Posts: 29317
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:00 am

Anonymous User wrote:Enjoy a DOJ being run by Ted Cruz..... I have declined my finalist interview as of a hour ago.

1) come on, dude, get your hardline Republicans straight - Cruz is supposed to end up on SCOTUS and Kobach is being floated as AG.
2) finalists don't do additional interviews. interviews are over. you get designated as a finalist and then you either get an offer or you don't.
3) in your previous posts you said you weren't an applicant.

(it's totally fine if you or anyone ITT wouldn't want to work for DOJ anymore but don't post misinformation in a thread sharing info about the process.)

Anonymous User
Posts: 309457
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:58 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any crim-reg finalists out there? No one seems to be reporting on the spreadsheet...


Yes.


Why haven't you updated the spreadsheet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 309457
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:46 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Enjoy a DOJ being run by Ted Cruz..... I have declined my finalist interview as of a hour ago.

1) come on, dude, get your hardline Republicans straight - Cruz is supposed to end up on SCOTUS and Kobach is being floated as AG.
2) finalists don't do additional interviews. interviews are over. you get designated as a finalist and then you either get an offer or you don't.
3) in your previous posts you said you weren't an applicant.

(it's totally fine if you or anyone ITT wouldn't want to work for DOJ anymore but don't post misinformation in a thread sharing info about the process.)


Not surprised there's a jerk who would post misinformation to just to sow discord among stressed out law students.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309457
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:20 am

Finalist for wash ATR



Return to “Legal Employment?

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.