DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:15 am

Anonymous User wrote:I think he means, like, one person sees ATR and then two days later someone else sees it (meaning the same component was rolling).

Will re-up my question: is DOJ one of those places that interviews many more than there are slots? Or do you have a really good chance once you secure the interview?

Based on the post below it does seem like things are rolling even for individual components.

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I wouldn't take anything as official until the emails are sent out.

This is important to remember since it's a new system. What would be great is if someone could confirm that they looked and didn't see a code after someone reported it but then saw it appear later.

I didn't get my code until several hours after someone else said it had been posted. Hopefully that means there will be more on Monday.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone have anything from FBI, BOP, or NSD?

FBI posted. Not sure when, sometime between Friday @ 12-Sunday (I just checked...)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:22 pm

Im not an application but my significant other is. I have no idea about these codes but can someone help let me know what this means?

There is nothing under the selected by column but there are two codes that appeared under the announcement column on the left side. Help?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:43 pm

Community Poster wrote:Will the Interview Selected column change prior to 9/28?

Deana Willis wrote:It might. We start making updates as soon as the comprehensive interview list is final. We'll then follow up with an email to HP interview candidates with instructions on how to schedule their interview, how to book travel (if needed), and what materials components want them to submit before their interview.

We anticipate having interview updates for the Honors Program posted by September 29th.

Selections for the Summer Law Intern Program will not be posted until the following week.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Im not an application but my significant other is. I have no idea about these codes but can someone help let me know what this means?

There is nothing under the selected by column but there are two codes that appeared under the announcement column on the left side. Help?

Codes on the left don't really matter. They refer to the over-arching programs your SO applied to (Attorney General's Honors Program and Student Law Internship Program).

Codes on the right matter, but not all of those have been updated or released yet.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Im not an application but my significant other is. I have no idea about these codes but can someone help let me know what this means?

Codes on the left don't really matter. They refer to the over-arching programs your SO applied to (Attorney General's Honors Program and Student Law Internship Program).

Codes on the right matter, but not all of those have been updated or released yet.

Thanks

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:03 pm

From the Community Section:
"Hi, folks:

We are in the process of testing the functionality of posting the component codes in the "Selected by" column. It's supposed to be linked to a status change showing "Selected for Interview." Apparently it is not going as well as we'd like it to, and all sorts of codes are showing up before the status changes are made.

Please disregard for now. We're working on it. Don't panic and don't get too excited until the status change hits."

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:From the Community Section:
"Hi, folks:

We are in the process of testing the functionality of posting the component codes in the "Selected by" column. It's supposed to be linked to a status change showing "Selected for Interview." Apparently it is not going as well as we'd like it to, and all sorts of codes are showing up before the status changes are made.

Please disregard for now. We're working on it. Don't panic and don't get too excited until the status change hits."

Thank you, Jeebus

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:37 pm

I also read that as "You may not have every interview for which you are listed" :/ I'll be pretty dismayed if I lose my one interview.

So, anyone who apply for ATR not get an interview?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I also read that as "You may not have every interview for which you are listed" :/ I'll be pretty dismayed if I lose my one interview.

I only got an selected for code for one of the components I applied for. So I am hoping that means I did get an interview with that component but my status has not changed from application received.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:06 pm

lol they trollin us.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I also read that as "You may not have every interview for which you are listed" :/ I'll be pretty dismayed if I lose my one interview.

I only got an selected for code for one of the components I applied for. So I am hoping that means I did get an interview with that component but my status has not changed from application received.

Was it WASH? I'm worried that they gave everyone in wASH-ATR a notice, basically

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:37 pm

To all who are checking their status online- we apologize.

To answer the most common question: No - we have not yet posted HP interview selections or SLIP interview selections. We just haven't.

I'm sorry for the confusion. I know some component codes have appeared. We're trying to figure out what's going on. We don't even have complete input yet and probably will not until mid-week. So its all terribly premature.

Again, we are so sorry for the confusion. This is a new feature and unfortunately, there are glitches. We promise we'll get it squared away as fast as possible.

Once I do post HP interview selections (probably on THURSDAY, but maybe, maybe late WEDNESDAY), I'll also be sending out an email message with explanations, instructions, and lots of information that selectees will need to know.

All the best.

Deana

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Well thats a bummer for everyone that got a code.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Well thats a bummer for everyone that got a code.

They probably got interviews. It was just released too early.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:03 pm

The Code I had is now gone. Anyone else?

eguard

New

Postby eguard » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:The Code I had is now gone. Anyone else?

same here

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:31 pm

Had multiple codes. They're all gone. Who knows what they meant. Deanna's message made it sound like the interview list wasn't finalized, so codes could definitely change once Wednesday hits.

nirvanah

New

Postby nirvanah » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:41 pm

I think the ones with codes probably got interviews. Probably got released prematurely.

I had no codes :( and wouldn't be surprised if i didn't get a code . That being said, there might still be hope for those of us who didn't get codes. It's possible that only part of the selectees had codes showing up ( which is why it was posted the way it was). Im gonna keep believing until emails go out & Deana says it's all complete.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:29 am

nirvanah wrote:I think the ones with codes probably got interviews. Probably got released prematurely.

I had no codes :( and wouldn't be surprised if i didn't get a code . That being said, there might still be hope for those of us who didn't get codes. It's possible that only part of the selectees had codes showing up ( which is why it was posted the way it was). Im gonna keep believing until emails go out & Deana says it's all complete.

tbh, you might still have a shot. I'd be confused if my codes reflected my actual interviews. My app was tailored for my #1, but I got codes for components that (1) I had little no experience in and (2) were more competitive than my #1. It would just be really confusing if that was truly a reflection of which components selected me.

Florida-Georgia Line

New

Postby Florida-Georgia Line » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:57 am

Can someone please tell me where Deanna is posting these updates?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:03 am

Florida-Georgia Line wrote:Can someone please tell me where Deanna is posting these updates?

When youre on avuecentral look at the top of the page. Youll see a tab that says "Community." All of Deanna's posts are there.

Florida-Georgia Line

New

Postby Florida-Georgia Line » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:14 pm

Thank you!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
nirvanah wrote:I think the ones with codes probably got interviews. Probably got released prematurely.

tbh, you might still have a shot. I'd be confused if my codes reflected my actual interviews. My app was tailored for my #1, but I got codes for components that (1) I had little no experience in and (2) were more competitive than my #1. It would just be really confusing if that was truly a reflection of which components selected me.

Take this kindly: were you actually competitive for your #1? I.e., top grades from top school? If you got a scatterball result, could be a contributing factor. Alternatively, if you had top credentials + relevant experience, could be telling.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Take this kindly: were you actually competitive for your #1? I.e., top grades from top school? If you got a scatterball result, could be a contributing factor. Alternatively, if you had top credentials + relevant experience, could be telling.

No offense taken. I'd say I was at least in the ballpark. No LR or tip top grades, but graduated from a T14 with a dist ct. clerkship, DOJ internship, and a lot of relevant experience. Take that for what it's worth. Completely possible that my experience is not telling, but, either way, those who didn't see a code should definitely not give up hope.

Return to “Legal Employment?