DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update! Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Thanks everyone for replying! Congrats to all of you :)

I'm an ATR-DC and NY finalist too.

Are all of you planning to accept or is anyone concerned about how Trump would impact ATR enforcement and the casework?
I'm a little concerned, but I think ATR is more insulated from the moral dilemma than some of the other divisions. Also, if Trump gets his way, he'll probably investigate any company that rubs him the wrong way . . . so it could mean ATR work for days!
Agreed, ATR should be less compromised than other divisions might be. More lenient merger review is a distinct possibility, so civil sections could become slower and less exciting places to be. Despite some "populist" rhetoric from Trump on the campaign trail, I really think we're going to see the same type of big-business, pro-M&A focus that ATR had during George W. Bush's administration.

For those looking at criminal ATR, price-fixing/cartel stuff isn't politically controversial, so it shouldn't matter much who's in charge.
Thanks, both of you, for responding. It definitely will be an interesting time to work for government and those are some really valid points.

Anonymous User

Re: DOJ Honors 2016-2017 Cycle: Application Status Tracker in the OP - Please update!

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:In practice, this is probably going to vary by component. My convo went like this:

Him: [makes offer]
Him: so are you ready to accept?
Me: ...
Him: oh, I'm sorry, maybe I should tell you the salary
Him: [tells salary]
Me: ...could I take some time to talk to my husband?
Him: ...
Him: okay. But I'd like an answer as soon as possible.

So I called back 20 minutes later to accept. (It wasn't like I hadn't discussed it with my husband, of course, I just resisted answering IMMEDIATELY.)

But no, per the above, they're not supposed to be exploding. But a lot of people do accept right away.
what component was this?
Not this year and if I'd wanted to say I would have. Just pointing out that there is a range of possibilities FWIW.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Tax crim offer this morning.
Congrats! Did you get an email beforehand to set up a call?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:34 pm

Any movement for Federal Programs today?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:42 pm

I had CRT under my selected for interview tab, but when another department labeled me a finalist, CRT disappeared completely. I wonder if this is a glitch or if I shouldn't hold out hope.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:46 pm

I interviewed for CRT. Still says "Selected for Interview," but I haven't had movement on anything else -- so no idea if that has any significance.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I had CRT under my selected for interview tab, but when another department labeled me a finalist, CRT disappeared completely. I wonder if this is a glitch or if I shouldn't hold out hope.
If your status changed to finalist, and the CRT code is now gone, it's likely you did not get selected. If they're in the middle of doing updates, however, it's possible that it will pop back up.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I had CRT under my selected for interview tab, but when another department labeled me a finalist, CRT disappeared completely. I wonder if this is a glitch or if I shouldn't hold out hope.
If your status changed to finalist, and the CRT code is now gone, it's likely you did not get selected. If they're in the middle of doing updates, however, it's possible that it will pop back up.
I'm wondering if there are any CRT finalists.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Atr wash offer
Only 1 so far? The wait is unbearable.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
I am seriously glad you posted. I am still waiting too.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:58 pm

I just want to keep posting. There is something seriously comforting about waiting in co-misery.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Same, the stress feels like the flu.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
CRT interviewee here, status is still "Selected for Interview"

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
+1 - still waiting too.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
CRT interviewee here, status is still "Selected for Interview"
I'm grateful for the AVUE updates, but they mess with my head so much! Thanks for chiming in.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
+1 - still waiting too.
Same here, biting my nails

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
+1 - still waiting too.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:57 pm

This happened to me, and then the disappeared component reappeared (indicating, I guess, that I was a finalist there too). So there's hope.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
+1 - still waiting too.
My offer was for a section, your section may just move slow.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:01 pm

Any chance offers will come via email? Am I wasting my time jumping back and forth from AVUE to my emails? (I mean, I know I'm wasting time, but you know.)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:06 pm

Do you mind saying which section?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:07 pm

I'm especially confused as a Tax Crim Finalist...unclear if they've finished picking other finalists, the only two TLS offers came a week apart, unclear how many finalists they are picking per spot.

Ahhhh.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
+1 - still waiting too.
So, tomorrow then?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:46 pm

From Deana:

Many questions coming in. Here's an updated list of components that have definitely NOT designated finalists as of this posting:

1. Civil Rights Division
2. Environment and Natural Resources Division
3. Federal Bureau of Investigation
4. Executive Office for Immigration Review (OCIJ and OCLA)
5. U.S. Attorney's Office-Southern District of New York

I believe the components listed below have completed their finalist selections. Take this with a grain of salt because nothing precludes them from coming back and selecting more finalists after they review their lists.

1. Antitrust Division (all locations)
2. Civil Division
3. Criminal Division
4. Drug Enforcement Administration
5. EOIR-Board of Immigration Appeals
6. Federal Bureau of Prisons
7. Indian Country Fellowship
8. Tax Division (both sections)
9. USAO-District of Arizona
10 USAO-Northern District of Ohio (has met its hiring goal)
11. U.S. Trustee Program
12. National Security Division
13. Executive Office for Immigration Review (OGC, OCAHO, OLAP)

There is no fixed deadline by which offers must be extended. This is a matter of component discretion. Within the same component, offers go out at different times, depending on many factors, including but not limited to reference checks, the issuing attorney's work schedule (he or she may be in court or in meetings), delay in the issuing attorney receiving actual authorization to issue the offer, and so forth.

I'll do my best to keep everyone informed. Best of luck to all who are waiting.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:47 pm

Deana Willis wrote:HP Finalist Recap as of 11/17/2016

Many questions coming in. Here's an updated list of components that have definitely NOT designated finalists as of this posting:

1. Civil Rights Division
2. Environment and Natural Resources Division
3. Federal Bureau of Investigation
4. Executive Office for Immigration Review (OCIJ and OCLA)
5. U.S. Attorney's Office-Southern District of New York

I believe the components listed below have completed their finalist selections. Take this with a grain of salt because nothing precludes them from coming back and selecting more finalists after they review their lists.

1. Antitrust Division (all locations)
2. Civil Division
3. Criminal Division
4. Drug Enforcement Administration
5. EOIR-Board of Immigration Appeals
6. Federal Bureau of Prisons
7. Indian Country Fellowship
8. Tax Division (both sections)
9. USAO-District of Arizona
10 USAO-Northern District of Ohio (has met its hiring goal)
11. U.S. Trustee Program
12. National Security Division
13. Executive Office for Immigration Review (OGC, OCAHO, OLAP)

There is no fixed deadline by which offers must be extended. This is a matter of component discretion. Within the same component, offers go out at different times, depending on many factors, including but not limited to reference checks, the issuing attorney's work schedule (he or she may be in court or in meetings), delay in the issuing attorney receiving actual authorization to issue the offer, and so forth.

I'll do my best to keep everyone informed. Best of luck to all who are waiting.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”