Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 325083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:21 pm

DOL regional interview (NY) invite. Interview is in mid-December.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:59 pm

"DOL regional interview (NY) invite. Interview is in mid-December."


Congrats! How did you get the notification and what time today?
Last edited by Anonymous User on Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:56 pm

HUD Candidates: For those of you who have had references contacted, did you interview at a regional office or HQ/General Counsel's office in DC? Also, was it the GC who contacted your references or the regional office where you interviewed?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:49 am

Has anyone heard anything more from the IRS? I am not sure if they do their hiring region by region, or if they're still interviewing or just haven't send out the dings yet.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:56 am

Anonymous User wrote:HUD Candidates: For those of you who have had references contacted, did you interview at a regional office or HQ/General Counsel's office in DC? Also, was it the GC who contacted your references or the regional office where you interviewed?

Regional office, interviewer contacted references (I think).

Anonymous User
Posts: 325083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:"DOL regional interview (NY) invite. Interview is in mid-December."


Congrats! How did you get the notification and what time today?

Phone call in the afternoon. Good luck!

Anonymous User
Posts: 325083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:"DOL regional interview (NY) invite. Interview is in mid-December."


Congrats! How did you get the notification and what time today?

Phone call in the afternoon. Good luck!



Was NY your top geographic preference?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:"DOL regional interview (NY) invite. Interview is in mid-December."
Congrats! How did you get the notification and what time today?

Phone call in the afternoon. Good luck!

Was NY your top geographic preference?

Yup.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:59 pm

Anyone heard from NLRB or NOAA?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:07 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone heard from NLRB or NOAA?


I know that NOAA is currently conducting first round interviews and plans to be done with them by the end of this week. I think their goal is to have one more round of interviews with offers extended in early January.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:40 pm

DOL Honors Atlanta Regional Office Interview, mid December.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:DOL Honors Atlanta Regional Office Interview, mid December.



Was Atlanta your top geographic preference?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:DOL Honors Atlanta Regional Office Interview, mid December.


Same here. ATL interview, mid December.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:DOL Honors Atlanta Regional Office Interview, mid December.



Was Atlanta your top geographic preference?



Yes it was.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:13 pm

Anyone heard back for DOL HQ?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:46 am

Still haven't heard back from OCC since interviewing with them in early October. Am I basically waitlisted right now?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:52 am

HUD Applicants: I just received this email response after inquiring about the current status of applications.

"Greetings,
Following interviews, successful candidates will be notified of their selection by telephone and mail. It is anticipated that the first round of offers by the Department will be made in December 2016. Depending on appropriations, subsequent rounds of offers may be made. The committee is meeting this week to make a selection."

Anonymous User
Posts: 325083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard anything more from the IRS? I am not sure if they do their hiring region by region, or if they're still interviewing or just haven't send out the dings yet.


I haven't, which makes me wonder if they even send out dings. I had an OCI screener in August, which I thought went really well. I haven't heard anything from them since though.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:37 pm

CFPB Enforcement offers made

Anonymous User
Posts: 325083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:HUD Applicants: I just received this email response after inquiring about the current status of applications.

"Greetings,
Following interviews, successful candidates will be notified of their selection by telephone and mail. It is anticipated that the first round of offers by the Department will be made in December 2016. Depending on appropriations, subsequent rounds of offers may be made. The committee is meeting this week to make a selection."

Good to know, thanks for sharing!

Anonymous User
Posts: 325083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:49 am

Hey everyone, any other updates for DOL?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hey everyone, any other updates for DOL?


Received an offer from DOL HQ today. It was the only office I ranked so I don't know how the process is affected if you also ranked regional. And I was contacted last week asking for references (who were immediately called), so I imagine the reference request is a pre-req to an offer, at least at HQ.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:39 pm

NLRB HQ GC side interview invite.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hey everyone, any other updates for DOL?



Regional offices aren't asking for references. Had my interview today. I'm about 95% sure I didn't get it so it's open to any other candidates. They said they would make offers next week. It's an office on the east coast. Don't want to say which just yet.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Hey everyone, any other updates for DOL?



Regional offices aren't asking for references. Had my interview today. I'm about 95% sure I didn't get it so it's open to any other candidates. They said they would make offers next week. It's an office on the east coast. Don't want to say which just yet.

Also have an east coast regional interview tomorrow. Will let y'all know what I find out about timing.



Return to “Legal Employment?

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.