Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 298255
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:58 pm

It's time

User avatar
zot1
Posts: 4474
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:53 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby zot1 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:40 pm

Yes, it is.

Current honors attorney. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Anonymous User
Posts: 298255
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:51 pm

Tagging. Lets do this.

Anonymous User
Posts: 298255
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:47 pm

Tagged. Leggo.

Anonymous User
Posts: 298255
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:33 am

checking in

Anonymous User
Posts: 298255
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:52 am

tag.

Anonymous User
Posts: 298255
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:45 pm

Bumping this. Anyone hear anything yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 298255
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:06 pm

Everything I'm applying to has a set close date and doesn't do rolling.

Anonymous User
Posts: 298255
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:28 pm

Anyone hear/know about IRS?

Anonymous User
Posts: 298255
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:26 am

RE: IRS. Had screener in late July, did callback interview at preferred field office in late August, received offer the next day. Process went much faster than I was initially expecting. I am very grateful to them both for the opportunity and for the fast turnaround as from threads I read in the past, in some cases it looks like it takes many months. Good luck to you and hope it goes quickly for you as well.

Anonymous User
Posts: 298255
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:25 am

is this thread for OCC Entry-Level as well? just threw my hat in that ring

globetrotter659
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:28 pm

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby globetrotter659 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:42 am

First year honors attorney here. Feel free to pm me any questions about the application process. Why I can't answer questions about what the work is like yet, I am quite familiar with the application process as I interviewed with most of the non-financial regulatory agencies.

User avatar
dodint
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:47 pm

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby dodint » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:54 am

Do you think already having a federal career helps at all for selection?

I work in InfoSec for a DoD agency and plan to apply to various three-letter agency Honors programs when the time comes. I was looking at the listing for NSA and they took the time to mention Cybersecurity as an area of law they're focusing on. I'm already a CISSP working as a GS employee.

Coming from a TTT I'm looking for ways to distinguish myself. I'm a 1L so I still have time to craft my externships as well.

Obviously I'm not in the 16-17 application cycle but as long as you're fielding questions...

Anonymous User
Posts: 298255
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:25 pm

bumping this. has anyone who applied by email heard from the OCC?

User avatar
zot1
Posts: 4474
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:53 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby zot1 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:47 pm

dodint wrote:Do you think already having a federal career helps at all for selection?

I work in InfoSec for a DoD agency and plan to apply to various three-letter agency Honors programs when the time comes. I was looking at the listing for NSA and they took the time to mention Cybersecurity as an area of law they're focusing on. I'm already a CISSP working as a GS employee.

Coming from a TTT I'm looking for ways to distinguish myself. I'm a 1L so I still have time to craft my externships as well.

Obviously I'm not in the 16-17 application cycle but as long as you're fielding questions...


It helps because you know the inner workings of the federal government. But if someone has better credentials than you, it won't do you all that much good.

User avatar
dodint
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:47 pm

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby dodint » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:53 pm

Thanks!

Anonymous User
Posts: 298255
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:bumping this. has anyone who applied by email heard from the OCC?

Anonymous User
Posts: 298255
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:36 pm

Has anyone heard from Dep't of Labor? Looks like in past years they did OCI at schools and then turned to email apps?

User avatar
BellaSera1014
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:05 pm

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby BellaSera1014 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:bumping this. has anyone who applied by email heard from the OCC?


They sent me a follow e-mail asking for timeline clarifications (I have a full time job) and Vet status within 24 hours of my e-mail.

Anonymous User
Posts: 298255
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:38 pm

BellaSera1014 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:bumping this. has anyone who applied by email heard from the OCC?


They sent me a follow e-mail asking for timeline clarifications (I have a full time job) and Vet status within 24 hours of my e-mail.


interesting, so they're definitely looking at them enough to ask questions. mind if i ask when this was? i know the deadline is this sunday but i only submitted this past monday, wondering if I'm at the bottom of a pile now or just not getting a screener.

User avatar
BellaSera1014
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:05 pm

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby BellaSera1014 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
BellaSera1014 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:bumping this. has anyone who applied by email heard from the OCC?


They sent me a follow e-mail asking for timeline clarifications (I have a full time job) and Vet status within 24 hours of my e-mail.


interesting, so they're definitely looking at them enough to ask questions. mind if i ask when this was? i know the deadline is this sunday but i only submitted this past monday, wondering if I'm at the bottom of a pile now or just not getting a screener.


Sent the email Sep 6, 2016 at 8:23 PM, received a response Sep 7, 2016 at 11:01 AM. I might have just been one of the earlier ones so they had free time on their hands :)

Anonymous User
Posts: 298255
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:55 pm

BellaSera1014 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
BellaSera1014 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:bumping this. has anyone who applied by email heard from the OCC?


They sent me a follow e-mail asking for timeline clarifications (I have a full time job) and Vet status within 24 hours of my e-mail.


interesting, so they're definitely looking at them enough to ask questions. mind if i ask when this was? i know the deadline is this sunday but i only submitted this past monday, wondering if I'm at the bottom of a pile now or just not getting a screener.


Sent the email Sep 6, 2016 at 8:23 PM, received a response Sep 7, 2016 at 11:01 AM. I might have just been one of the earlier ones so they had free time on their hands :)


hah yeah possibly, who knows. sorry one last question, what did you mean by timeline clarifications? i'm actually working full time as well, first year out

User avatar
BellaSera1014
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:05 pm

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby BellaSera1014 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
BellaSera1014 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
BellaSera1014 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:bumping this. has anyone who applied by email heard from the OCC?


They sent me a follow e-mail asking for timeline clarifications (I have a full time job) and Vet status within 24 hours of my e-mail.


interesting, so they're definitely looking at them enough to ask questions. mind if i ask when this was? i know the deadline is this sunday but i only submitted this past monday, wondering if I'm at the bottom of a pile now or just not getting a screener.


Sent the email Sep 6, 2016 at 8:23 PM, received a response Sep 7, 2016 at 11:01 AM. I might have just been one of the earlier ones so they had free time on their hands :)


hah yeah possibly, who knows. sorry one last question, what did you mean by timeline clarifications? i'm actually working full time as well, first year out


No worries! I am still active duty so they asked when I would even be available to start

Anonymous User
Posts: 298255
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:17 pm

Tagging.

Anonymous User
Posts: 298255
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors (Non-DOJ) 2016-2017 Cycle

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard from Dep't of Labor? Looks like in past years they did OCI at schools and then turned to email apps?



They are doing OCI at my school this early next week but they haven't even sent pre-selects back yet so it looks like they're being fairly slow. I also emailed in my application to be sure.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.