Anyone know anything about Latham DC for mid-level laterals?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Anyone know anything about Latham DC for mid-level laterals?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:55 am

I searched the prior threads, please don't troll me about the stealth layoffs! I'm a 5th year around the V20, entertaining recruiter calls about lateral opportunities. Generally happy where I am but kind of bored and think I may be ready for a switch. Haven't been able to find anything online about what the place is like (aside from the threads from 5 years ago about the layoffs).

Does anyone on here currently work there (or has recently worked there) that can shed some light on the pros/cons/interesting perks? I'd be doing mostly regulatory (as opposed to corp and lit). Would be extremely grateful for any remarks, comments, or insight. Feel free to send me a PM if you'd like to keep it more discreet. Thanks y'all.

Anonymous User

Re: Anyone know anything about Latham DC for mid-level laterals?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:57 am

Just realized that you can't PM an anon. If you leave your user name, I can PM you.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:22 pm

Not really helpful for your practice, but I know the DC corporate/private equity group almost exclusively gets all of Carlyle's work

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:15 am

That's interesting - thanks for chiming in. Surprising that there is no one else on here with anecdotes, considering how large the firm is in DC.

Return to “Legal Employment�