Put the wrong Undergrad GPA on my resume Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Put the wrong Undergrad GPA on my resume

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:03 pm

Long story short, put the GPA LSAC reported to my law school as my undergrad GPA. Problem is that GPA factored in my Jr. College courses, my undergrad gpa is a bit lower. Didn't even think of this, how screwed am I?

runinthefront

Gold

Re: Put the wrong Undergrad GPA on my resume

Post by runinthefront » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:11 pm

No one will care. If someone makes a big deal of it, just produce screenshots of the LSAC GPA. That's the official GPA law schools accepted you under, anyway.

Even if that's not technically correct, it's definitely a colorable argument. Change your resume to reflect the GPA listed on your official undergrad transcripts going forward, but I probably wouldn't make a deal out of any resumes you've already sent out
Last edited by runinthefront on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

acr

Silver

Post by acr » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Long story short, put the GPA LSAC reported to my law school as my undergrad GPA. Problem is that GPA factored in my Jr. College courses, my undergrad gpa is a bit lower. Didn't even think of this, how screwed am I?
You'll be fine, but check with your CSO. Despite their incompetency, my CSO saved me in a situation similar to this before. PM me if you would like more details. This error is nowhere near as egregious as mine, I promise, and everything worked out.

misterjames

Bronze

Post by misterjames » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:12 pm

why are you putting your undergrad gpa on your resume? did you have a technical major relevant to the jobs you're looking for?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:13 pm

runinthefront wrote:No one will care. If someone makes a big deal of it, just produce screenshots of the LSAC GPA. That's the official GPA law schools accepted you under, anyway.

Even if that's not technically correct, it's definitely a colorable argument. Change your resume to reflect the GPA listed on your official undergrad transcripts going forward, but I probably wouldn't make a deal out of any resumes you've already sent out
Thanks, if any firm was going to ask from my undergrad transcript I was going to send both my undergrad and Jr. College. Screenshot is a good idea, I'm not looking for any IP so hopefully they never ask for verification.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:14 pm

misterjames wrote:why are you putting your undergrad gpa on your resume? did you have a technical major relevant to the jobs you're looking for?
I just followed my CSO template which had undergrad gpa section

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”