del

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

del

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:57 am

del
Last edited by Anonymous User on Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kalvano

Diamond

Re: Coffee appointment ahead of PLIP??

Postby kalvano » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:00 am

Just do some basic research into the attorney so you aren't bringing up subject wildly outside of his/her practice area. No need to be super stalkery, though. Dress up, and the attorney should pay for the coffee.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:17 pm

I appreciate kalvano's input. Anyone else have advice? I hardly did any networking at all and believe I suck at it. So anything (etiquette, question to ask, what to avoid, etc.) is helpful! And I seriously mean that! Thanks!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I appreciate kalvano's input. Anyone else have advice? I hardly did any networking at all and believe I suck at it. So anything (etiquette, question to ask, what to avoid, etc.) is helpful! And I seriously mean that! Thanks!

I haven't heard of this happening to people before but I doubt it's a bad thing in any aspect. If anything they might be taking a special interest in you. You're going to want to ask about the firm; what it's like to work there, why that firm over others, etc. If you show you're interested in their firm specifically it can only help when you get to the interview. The attorney will probably pay for the coffee but it doesn't hurt if you offer to pay first. Probably don't need a full suit though.

Return to “Legal Employment�