3L OCI Thread.

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 316714
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread.

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone have a NYC callback yet?


Cravath callback

Stats?
Cold email/OCI/"know a guy there"?

Anonymous User
Posts: 316714
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread.

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:38 am

Anonymous User wrote:white case (NY) ding


wait. Is this for their china practice?

Anonymous User
Posts: 316714
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread.

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone have a NYC callback yet?


Cravath callback

Stats?
Cold email/OCI/"know a guy there"?


Cold email to recruiting, not OCI, no contacts at the firm

Anonymous User
Posts: 316714
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread.

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:51 pm

Bump.

Anonymous User
Posts: 316714
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread.

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Bump.


Where from?

Anonymous User
Posts: 316714
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread.

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:49 pm

Simpson NY ding

Anonymous User
Posts: 316714
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread.

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:30 pm

Any word from PW?

Anonymous User
Posts: 316714
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread.

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Simpson NY ding


Forgot to mention how badly worded that email was. Basically said that they're keeping the resumes of qualified applicants, but that I'm not one of them :roll:

Anonymous User
Posts: 316714
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread.

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Simpson NY ding


Forgot to mention how badly worded that email was. Basically said that they're keeping the resumes of qualified applicants, but that I'm not one of them :roll:


I got the exact same email!! - don't really think that's what they meant but that's some really bad choice of words there.

Anonymous User
Posts: 316714
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread.

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:15 pm

Has anyone heard from Weil/gotten a Cahill ding?

life2323

New
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:01 pm

Re: 3L OCI Thread.

Postby life2323 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:10 pm

I have callbacks with two V60's and another call back with a mid-size.

Anonymous User
Posts: 316714
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread.

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:35 pm

life2323 wrote:I have callbacks with two V60's and another call back with a mid-size.


Can you disclose which two V60's?

Anonymous User
Posts: 316714
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread.

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I was offered by my 2L summer firm (a v100 firm I do like) and I've accepted. However, I put in a number of feelers out before the end of the summer to insure against the possibility of not being offered. Recently a v10 (a firm I'm very interested in) contacted me for an interview and asked if I had been offered.

If I go further, is there a risk that the interviewing firm (not Cravath) will notify my summer firm?


I don't think there's a material risk of this at the normal NY V10 -- I think they know the drill re: 3L hiring and firms just generally ask whether you were offered.

Anonymous User
Posts: 316714
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread.

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:14 am

Anymore movement in New York or is the recruiting season done? This year seems to have little to no hiring :cry:

Anonymous User
Posts: 316714
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread.

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:23 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anymore movement in New York or is the recruiting season done? This year seems to have little to no hiring :cry:


From what I hear, the recruiting season is just beginning. However, we're all going to probably have to accept and renege our summer offers if we're serious about NYC. I'm at a lower T-14 and no one I know doing 3L oci in new york has gotten anything yet.

Anonymous User
Posts: 316714
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread.

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:31 am

Any info on the timetable for this? I was under the impression that if you haven't heard by labor day the classes are likely filled up. I don't see how availability would free up later in the year. This year it really seems they made sure to meet their needs.

Anonymous User
Posts: 316714
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread.

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:23 pm

.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 316714
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread.

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any info on the timetable for this? I was under the impression that if you haven't heard by labor day the classes are likely filled up. I don't see how availability would free up later in the year. This year it really seems they made sure to meet their needs.


I've heard from a couple of New York firms that they plan to start interviewing 3Ls in September so maybe all hope is not lost.

Anonymous User
Posts: 316714
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread.

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any info on the timetable for this? I was under the impression that if you haven't heard by labor day the classes are likely filled up. I don't see how availability would free up later in the year. This year it really seems they made sure to meet their needs.


I've heard from a couple of New York firms that they plan to start interviewing 3Ls in September so maybe all hope is not lost.


Anecdotally, I also know of some people turning down NY offers for other markets. There's some spots out there, keep trying

Anonymous User
Posts: 316714
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread.

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any info on the timetable for this? I was under the impression that if you haven't heard by labor day the classes are likely filled up. I don't see how availability would free up later in the year. This year it really seems they made sure to meet their needs.


I've heard from a couple of New York firms that they plan to start interviewing 3Ls in September so maybe all hope is not lost.


Anecdotally, I also know of some people turning down NY offers for other markets. There's some spots out there, keep trying

Anonymous User
Posts: 316714
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread.

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:22 am

What are the consequences of accepting your 2L summer firm offer and then reneging?

Some of the 3L hiring timelines are just not compatible with the NALP deadline -- eg USAO honors.

Anonymous User
Posts: 316714
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread.

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:00 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any info on the timetable for this? I was under the impression that if you haven't heard by labor day the classes are likely filled up. I don't see how availability would free up later in the year. This year it really seems they made sure to meet their needs.


I've heard from a couple of New York firms that they plan to start interviewing 3Ls in September so maybe all hope is not lost.


Anecdotally, I also know of some people turning down NY offers for other markets. There's some spots out there, keep trying


what NY firms start interviewing in September?

Anonymous User
Posts: 316714
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread.

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any info on the timetable for this? I was under the impression that if you haven't heard by labor day the classes are likely filled up. I don't see how availability would free up later in the year. This year it really seems they made sure to meet their needs.


I've heard from a couple of New York firms that they plan to start interviewing 3Ls in September so maybe all hope is not lost.


Anecdotally, I also know of some people turning down NY offers for other markets. There's some spots out there, keep trying


what NY firms start interviewing in September?


I second that question

Anonymous User
Posts: 316714
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread.

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any info on the timetable for this? I was under the impression that if you haven't heard by labor day the classes are likely filled up. I don't see how availability would free up later in the year. This year it really seems they made sure to meet their needs.


I've heard from a couple of New York firms that they plan to start interviewing 3Ls in September so maybe all hope is not lost.


Anecdotally, I also know of some people turning down NY offers for other markets. There's some spots out there, keep trying


what NY firms start interviewing in September?


I second that question


LOL @ all the people asking this question. If I was a 3L looking for a job with a biglaw firm and knew that the firm was still interviewing and hiring, why would I tell anyone else? The less people that apply, the better my chances are.

Anonymous User
Posts: 316714
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread.

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:53 pm

...So does anybody have interviews/offers from ANY firm in NY?



Return to “Legal Employment?

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.