"The, uh, stuff that dreams are made of."

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Interna8yonal

New

"The, uh, stuff that dreams are made of."

Postby Interna8yonal » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:57 pm

Hi, name is Mike. I too am a law student.

So, I assume how this place works is I just throw a question into the web-uverse and wise people respond with world class opinions and guidance where if I just follow everything they say I become the happiest millionaire to every live?

My first semester I got one C+ and this crushed my inflated hopes and dreams. I cried just a little, mostly moaned throughout the day. Since my second semester though, it’s been all roses and cognac. I’ll challenge anyone to a battle of B+’s. I have an arsenal, and a few A's. Throughout the first 2 years of law school I picked courses from different areas, and now when asked in interviews I tell employers that I’m a generalist trying to learn and get as much as I can out of the law school experience. Problem is, I can’t figure out what I want to practice. One more year of law to go and I’m considering studying abroad in an international business LLM program.

Yes, this is another “should I pursue an LLM and if so in which field, because I screwed up my first semester of law school and I’m trying to make sense out of life and my legal career by partially escaping from this bullshit and partially trying to tell employers ‘hey look at me I can do ____ and _____ and I can even do _____.’”

Also, is there a law school job interview equivalent for "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse"?

Return to “Legal Employment?