Attend a Tier 4 Law School and get a Big Law Clerkship Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: Attend a Tier 4 Law School and get a Big Law Clerkship

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:55 pm

pancakes3 wrote:
karl.jackson wrote: There were three people from my class of 300 that received Big Law internships after there 1L year. All I am saying is it is possible, and potential students should not be hung up on statistics.
You're a literal idiot. I hope someone outs you and you get no-offered.
Dude, dial it back. This is a little much.

reasonable_man

Gold

Post by reasonable_man » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:28 pm

Are the other 297 kids from your class available to chat? I suspect they don't share your enthusiasm.

barkschool

Silver

Post by barkschool » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:41 pm

reasonable_man wrote:Are the other 297 kids from your class available to chat? I suspect they don't share your enthusiasm.
of COURSE they're available, they're not working very hard.

1styearlateral

Silver

Post by 1styearlateral » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:56 pm

barkschool wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:Are the other 297 kids from your class available to chat? I suspect they don't share your enthusiasm.
of COURSE they're available, they're not working very hard.
It's not that those students aren't working hard. It's just that they don't have jobs and have plenty of time on their hands.

reasonable_man

Gold

Post by reasonable_man » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:23 pm

I'm a 4th Tier grad from 2008. I have a good job and have carved out a pretty nice career for myself so far. So I say this with Peace and Love to any prospective law student that stumbles across this thread and believes that the story told by op is common. It is not. Trust me. The vast majority of lower tier one, two, three and four grads struggle to find jobs (and often times don't and move on to other career paths). A strong number of students that graduated with me never got the chance to be a lawyer, hung out a shingle for a year or two and then took a non-law job, or worked in an awful firm for a year or two and moved onto an entirely different field. What happened here to Op is tremendous and he should be proud of himself. But it is also extremely unusual and not likely to happen in almost all cases.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:44 am

reasonable_man wrote:I'm a 4th Tier grad from 2008. I have a good job and have carved out a pretty nice career for myself so far. So I say this with Peace and Love to any prospective law student that stumbles across this thread and believes that the story told by op is common. It is not. Trust me. The vast majority of lower tier one, two, three and four grads struggle to find jobs (and often times don't and move on to other career paths). A strong number of students that graduated with me never got the chance to be a lawyer, hung out a shingle for a year or two and then took a non-law job, or worked in an awful firm for a year or two and moved onto an entirely different field. What happened here to Op is tremendous and he should be proud of himself. But it is also extremely unusual and not likely to happen in almost all cases.
never thought u were a tier 4 grad. so tell us your story. im sincerely interested. also at what point in terms of ranking would you say no longer have a reasonable shot at a decent job? Would you say T30 is still a good school?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”