Mass mailing Q, no email address?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Mass mailing Q, no email address?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:45 pm

I am making my mass mailing list right now and have found that a lot of the firms I found on NALP and Martindale does not have a email address for their recruiter? Some of them doesn't have a recruiter at all.

I am making the list for mostly mid-sized (50-100) CA firms. Does these firms simply not have a summer program? Should I only mail firms that have a career page with summer associate programs?

If a firm doesn't have a page for summer associate program does that mean they don't hire summer clerks?

Thanks in advance

Babum

Bronze

Re: Mass mailing Q, no email address?

Postby Babum » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:02 pm

Let's start with the basics. Use "do" for plural and "does" for singular.

lavarman84

Platinum

Postby lavarman84 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:23 pm

Some of those firms will have summer programs. They just aren't as formal and organized as biglaw programs. And they may or may not have a person that works as a recruiter. If there's someone listed, I'm sure you can find a way to get a hold of them. If there isn't and it's a midlaw firm, they may not have one. In that case, just reach out to the firm.(if you're not sure whom to reach out to, call the firm and ask)

UCLAHopeful16

New

Postby UCLAHopeful16 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:54 pm

Babum wrote:Let's start with the basics. Use "do" for plural and "does" for singular.

How is that helpful?

UCLAHopeful16

New

Postby UCLAHopeful16 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:55 pm

Babum wrote:Let's start with the basics. Use "do" for plural and "does" for singular.

I'm not OP, but this was a useless post.

h2go

Bronze

Postby h2go » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:57 pm

UCLAHopeful16 wrote:

Using proper grammar is probably a good move if you want to get hired.

UCLAHopeful16

New

Postby UCLAHopeful16 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:04 am

h2go wrote:
UCLAHopeful16 wrote:

No question. There's probably a difference, though, between a post on TLS and a document OP would send to an employer.

Babum

Bronze

Postby Babum » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:20 am

UCLAHopeful16 wrote:
h2go wrote:
UCLAHopeful16 wrote:

No question. There's probably a difference, though, between a post on TLS and a document OP would send to an employer.

That presupposes that OP knows, or could know, of his error and would then fix it.

OP you could check the firm's website and see if the contact info is there. If you can't find it, it could mean that they don't have anyone to handle that job.

1styearlateral

Silver

Postby 1styearlateral » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:49 am

UCLAHopeful16 wrote:
h2go wrote:
UCLAHopeful16 wrote:

If OP knew what he wrote was incorrect, why write it at all? It is clear that grammar is not OP's strong suit, which will likely show in any correspondence to the firm. Considering writing is an important part of an attorney's job, this would likely not go over well re: hiring.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:36 pm

OP here, thanks for the help. Both for the grammar and the answer to my actual question.

Return to “Legal Employment�