3L Mass mailing through their website? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

3L Mass mailing through their website?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:36 pm

Biglaws accept applications from 3Ls through their standardized application process on their websites. As a 3L, which one would be more effective: directly sending an email to the partner (whom I don't know in person but who might be interested in my resume) & recruiting manager OR simply applying through the website?

How did you do mass mailing?

Anonymous User

Re: 3L Mass mailing through their website?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Biglaws accept applications from 3Ls through their standardized application process on their websites. As a 3L, which one would be more effective: directly sending an email to the partner (whom I don't know in person but who might be interested in my resume) & recruiting manager OR simply applying through the website?

At my firm, it's better to go through someone you know than applying through the website. The important thing being that you know them. DO NOT cold email a partner you have never met. He/she is not interested in your resume. Trust me. You resume will go straight in the trash and it shows poor judgment.

Anonymous User

Re: 3L Mass mailing through their website?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:24 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Biglaws accept applications from 3Ls through their standardized application process on their websites. As a 3L, which one would be more effective: directly sending an email to the partner (whom I don't know in person but who might be interested in my resume) & recruiting manager OR simply applying through the website?

At my firm, it's better to go through someone you know than applying through the website. The important thing being that you know them. DO NOT cold email a partner you have never met. He/she is not interested in your resume. Trust me. You resume will go straight in the trash and it shows poor judgment.
Even a hiring partner during recruiting season?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”