OCI Questions

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

OCI Questions

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:16 am

Tried looking, but couldn't find a thread on TLS.

Can we get some of the questions that are typical of OCI interviews? Tough behavioral ones? Standard, why law, why x school, what practice area, 1L summer, strengths/weaknesses, etc?

I feel like I am good with people, but have a tendency to go blank when a question I've never heard before gets asked.

imalreadyamember?

Bronze

Re: OCI Questions

Postby imalreadyamember? » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:51 am

Anonymous User wrote:Tried looking, but couldn't find a thread on TLS.

Can we get some of the questions that are typical of OCI interviews? Tough behavioral ones? Standard, why law, why x school, what practice area, 1L summer, strengths/weaknesses, etc?

I feel like I am good with people, but have a tendency to go blank when a question I've never heard before gets asked.

Did you use the search function? Serious question. I'm not complaining either, I'm just saying there are almost definitely some super helpful threads if you search for them. And looking those up will be more helpful than waiting for responses and sifting through them here once they come in. Use Google because the TLS search kinda sucks. Google the following: "site:top-law-schools.com OCI questions." If you really don't get any useful hits let me know.

Edit: one of the sticky threads at the top of this forum is all about OCI and has links to several others. Go there.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:48 am

OP here. Tried your search, mostly it's things regarding questions to ASK

NoLongerALurker

Bronze

Postby NoLongerALurker » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:51 am

Generally nothing behavioral. Literally the same "So what did you last summer?" and "Where you from?" nonstop. Maybe 1 in 20 screening interviews will have some weird question where you fall on your face. Whatever -- move on to the other 19 and go get a job. Profit.

Lack of much discussion on the boards here is because it's incredibly uninteresting and super plain/repetitive.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:59 pm

NoLongerALurker wrote:Generally nothing behavioral. Literally the same "So what did you last summer?" and "Where you from?" nonstop. Maybe 1 in 20 screening interviews will have some weird question where you fall on your face. Whatever -- move on to the other 19 and go get a job. Profit.

Lack of much discussion on the boards here is because it's incredibly uninteresting and super plain/repetitive.

Great, thanks for the information. I asked because I've had interviews for things like student orgs that have been sort of difficult, like they ask 'tell us a time when you had to lead a group of people with an unpopular decision" and shit like that.

BmoreOrLess

Gold

Postby BmoreOrLess » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
NoLongerALurker wrote:Generally nothing behavioral. Literally the same "So what did you last summer?" and "Where you from?" nonstop. Maybe 1 in 20 screening interviews will have some weird question where you fall on your face. Whatever -- move on to the other 19 and go get a job. Profit.

Great, thanks for the information. I asked because I've had interviews for things like student orgs that have been sort of difficult, like they ask 'tell us a time when you had to lead a group of people with an unpopular decision" and shit like that.

I found 95% of law firm interviews to be conversational and much different than my pre-law interviews (all either finance or consulting). A couple behavioral questions here or there, but they were from associates who were acting as if someone in recruiting told them they had to ask those kinds of questions and they didn't actually care about the answers.

Return to “Legal Employment�