How to mass mail firm coming to OCI?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

How to mass mail firm coming to OCI?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:53 pm

Saw an almost identical post about this but my circumstance is a bit different.

I go to an East Coast T14. I want a job on the West Coast. I'm currently interning in the legal market where I want to work. I know that a lot of times, the firms represented at my school's OCI will send associates/partners from the East Coast legal markets to conduct the interviews, and will merely relay a person's interest in another legal market to people at that particular office. That seems a lot less effective- plus aren't firms pleased when they can avoid the expense of flying someone back into the area when they could've just interviewed that person over the summer without the added cost of airfare + hotel?

I'd like to get interviews here now, or at least get my name out there. Is it appropriate to be like, "Hey I work in the area and was wondering if there would be some opportunities to meet some people at X firm. Here's my resume."

Pokemon

Gold

Re: How to mass mail firm coming to OCI?

Postby Pokemon » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Saw an almost identical post about this but my circumstance is a bit different.

I go to an East Coast T14. I want a job on the West Coast. I'm currently interning in the legal market where I want to work. I know that a lot of times, the firms represented at my school's OCI will send associates/partners from the East Coast legal markets to conduct the interviews, and will merely relay a person's interest in another legal market to people at that particular office. That seems a lot less effective- plus aren't firms pleased when they can avoid the expense of flying someone back into the area when they could've just interviewed that person over the summer without the added cost of airfare + hotel?

I'd like to get interviews here now, or at least get my name out there. Is it appropriate to be like, "Hey I work in the area and was wondering if there would be some opportunities to meet some people at X firm. Here's my resume."

That is perfect. Mass mail before oci even starts. Mention that you are in the area. Would be surprised if you do not get a few interviews.

Anonymous User

Re: How to mass mail firm coming to OCI?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:53 am

I did basically what you described to a few firms in the market I am working for summer who I knew would not send representatives to the east coast OCI. The only two responses were basically "if you don't get a spot at OCI contact us then."

Return to “Legal Employment�