Resume question for listing SA that hasnt started before mass mailing

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
OMLS48

New

Resume question for listing SA that hasnt started before mass mailing

Postby OMLS48 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:35 am

Was able to squeeze in a truncated SA with a respected regional firm for the last few weeks of the summer. Ready to mass mail firms in other markets, but I'd like to list the latter firm on my resume. How should I include it, considering that the SA wouldn't not start until after I mass mail. And considering that I don't know my job duties (though, I could very easy find out), should I be vague on that front or leave it blank? Opinions?

WhiskeyAndCupcakes

Silver

Re: Resume question for listing SA that hasnt started before mass mailing

Postby WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:38 am

Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rlabo

Silver

Postby Rlabo » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:07 am

WhiskeyAndCupcakes wrote:You could always do:

Regional Law firm ------- City, State
Summer Associate ------- Anticipated August 2016

And not list any duties or put something vague like "Summer Associate in the corporate/ transactions group"

This - it wouldn't look right to describe duties that you haven't done yet. This is exactly what you should do, though I'd write starting instead of anticipated, assuming you accepted an offer.

bwh8813

Bronze

Postby bwh8813 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:15 am

The above is correct. Do not list any duties or anything. For date: "To Commence August 2016"

Return to “Legal Employment�