Career prospects for International JD graduates

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Career prospects for International JD graduates

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:32 am

I am concerned about work opportunities of international JD graduates and would be very grateful if you could help me.

International students need a work visa (H-1B) in order to work in the US after graduation. As far as I know, many employers do not want to deal with and sponsor this type of visa. International hires require time-consuming paperwork and documentation, face a limited supply of visas (it's kind of a "lottery" - there is no guarantee that an applicant will get a visa), and often pose an additional investment of time in the hiring process. It is much easier for the companies to hire domestic US graduates. Consequently, many employers do not usually offer positions to international graduates . Thus, it is difficult for such students to find a job and get H-1b visa.

I suppose some of you may know something about it and would be really grateful if you could tell me how the situation with international JD graduates is.
Is it possible for them to get jobs and H-1B visas among domestic US grads?

Thank you!

mrs.miawallace

New

Re: Career prospects for International JD graduates

Postby mrs.miawallace » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:50 am

every once in a while a cute 0L would post int'l related questions without checking archive posts.

Return to “Legal Employment�