How do you deal with rude partners? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

How do you deal with rude partners?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:19 am

Deleted
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Re: How do you deal with rude partners?

Post by WestOfTheRest » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:22 am

You're an SA. You should just keep your mouth closed and suck it up.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:31 am

Welcome to biglaw!

You deal with it by getting abused. Anyone with "associate" in their title has next to no power against someone like this. If it's that bad you can try lateraling after a year or two. Otherwise try to position yourself the best to receive work from saner individuals (not really relevant as an SA).

El Pollito

Diamond

Post by El Pollito » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:05 am

Figure out how to push the right buttons. Push those ones and not the wrong ones. It's quite easy to figure out what makes mentally ill people happy and unhappy.

kaysta

Bronze

Post by kaysta » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:11 am

Anonymous User wrote:What should I do? Because the firm I work for is small, even if I get hired, there is a very high chance that I will have to work with this partner. I already hate this partner.
do nothing, youre still an SA, this is not the time to get into a dick measuring contest. plenty of time if you get hired and you seem to think you may not be hired; if so, no dick measuring contest will be needed.

also,
blames me for not understanding it
one question, inspired by the way you've phrased your post here: is English your first language

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kellyfrost

Platinum

Post by kellyfrost » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:42 am

kaysta wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:What should I do? Because the firm I work for is small, even if I get hired, there is a very high chance that I will have to work with this partner. I already hate this partner.
do nothing, youre still an SA, this is not the time to get into a dick measuring contest. plenty of time if you get hired and you seem to think you may not be hired; if so, no dick measuring contest will be needed.

also,
blames me for not understanding it
one question, inspired by the way you've phrased your post here: is English your first language
The esteemed poster above raises a good question: is English your first language?

It's very important to know the answer.
Last edited by kellyfrost on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrs.miawallace

New

Post by mrs.miawallace » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:51 am

Every firm has the partner that people hate, just don't associate with him outside the office and produce good work for him regardless. One shouldn't change the quality of work base on fondness of some particular partners. I'm sure even if Englsih is the fifth language you speak the Partner cannot pin his poor writing skills on you, everybody knows that he might be giving you a hard time, but you need to suck it up like others did.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”