Law job in Israel

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Law job in Israel

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:23 pm

Rising 2L trying to think of the best way to end up in Israel for law. Are there any other firms there other than Greenberg, and is there anything I should be doing now to prepare?

Anonymous User

Re: Law job in Israel

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:23 am

Anonymous User wrote:Rising 2L trying to think of the best way to end up in Israel for law. Are there any other firms there other than Greenberg, and is there anything I should be doing now to prepare?

There are *tons* of firms in Israel, and all of the ones worth working at specifically recruit US-qualified lawyers to help negotiate deals/transactions/suits involving US parties.

Here's an article that lays our firms ranked by practice area: http://duns100.globes.co.il/article-1000916373
(in Hebrew).

As for preparing - how's your Hebrew? Lots of firms want US-qualified lawyers, but Israeli clients don't want to deal with their own lawyers in English. The Israeli Bar exam also requires a very high level of Hebrew. So if you're not there yet, that's a great place to start.

Are you planning on making aliyah? Or just want to work in Israel for a bit?

Anonymous User

Re: Law job in Israel

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:53 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Rising 2L trying to think of the best way to end up in Israel for law. Are there any other firms there other than Greenberg, and is there anything I should be doing now to prepare?

There are *tons* of firms in Israel, and all of the ones worth working at specifically recruit US-qualified lawyers to help negotiate deals/transactions/suits involving US parties.

Here's an article that lays our firms ranked by practice area: http://duns100.globes.co.il/article-1000916373
(in Hebrew).

As for preparing - how's your Hebrew? Lots of firms want US-qualified lawyers, but Israeli clients don't want to deal with their own lawyers in English. The Israeli Bar exam also requires a very high level of Hebrew. So if you're not there yet, that's a great place to start.

Are you planning on making aliyah? Or just want to work in Israel for a bit?

Planning on making Aliyah at some point assuming jobs are good and I don't change my mind down the line. I definetely need to improve my Hebrew (let me know if you have advice there).

Hoping to do 5 years doing capital markets, then skip the bar exam (5-year-practice rule)

Return to “Legal Employment�