Cool Story Interviews?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Cool Story Interviews?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:24 pm

My friends thought this was funny.

The job posting description made it sound like it was a top notch plaintiff's firm recruiting only the best of the best, top 15% required, boutique. Showed up to the firm to find an apartment building in a residential area. I did a double, triple take to confirm the address. Indeed I arrived at a converted apartment building law firm. No website. No business name logo or sign on the building.

My interviewer was 20 minutes late and told me their most experienced lawyer and sole shareholder was some late-30s dude from a T50 school. Turns out they do exclusively wage and hour class action. The pay is hourly and you're expected to work on the weekends and travel nationally. The worst part was everyone in the office was dead quiet and seemed to hate their lives and the work.

They said they need young associates immediately and asked when I could start. Due to all the disbelief moments, I said after a deep sigh, "Umm I think maybe in a month?"

Today they sent me a rejection letter.

ballouttacontrol

Silver

Re: Cool Story Interviews?

Postby ballouttacontrol » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:32 pm

Bet that dude makes bank despite his measly t50 degree

Return to “Legal Employment�