NORAISE List - ITT, the proleTTTariat of the V100 keep hoping for/commiserate lack of 180k

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: NORAISE List - ITT, the proleTTTariat of the V100 keep hoping for/commiserate lack of 180k

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:39 pm

Foghornleghorn wrote:Any news from Vedder Price?

I'm here to whine about BuckleySandler. We have top 20 PPP, something like 2.6m or 2.7m. Over 1m in RPL.

Anonymous User

Re: NORAISE List - ITT, the proleTTTariat of the V100 keep hoping for/commiserate lack of 180k

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:58 pm

anyone else at a NORAISE firm trying to leave?

Im a first year at one of the firms on the list and have been fielding a few calls from headhunters, and told them to submit my stuff to a few different firms but havent heard anything. Anyone else in a similar boat?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:59 pm

OP here. Updated to reflect today's movement.

Removed Reed Smith reluctantly. Didn't realize what kinda bs they've been up to. Ultimately though, the point of the list is to identify which firms have not made a final move one way or another, and RS def made move albeit a shitty one.

I'm too lazy to update for 2017 vault or other high profit firms that have yet to raise, but anyone interested in taking that on should have at it.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Foley & Lardner has said they will discuss at the month-end management meeting. General sentiment, at least during the summer retreat, was that there would be a raise. Assumption is Cravath match in Major Markets, possibly increases by same amounts in the secondary markets - so Milwaukee/Detroit to 160, etc. But, this is all speculation.

As a soon to be first year, this would be a much welcomed gift in this time of constant bar prep failures.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:53 pm

I know it's not a vault-ranked firm, but any word on Sutherland Asbill & Brennan?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I know it's not a vault-ranked firm, but any word on Sutherland Asbill & Brennan?

Looks like the remaining big firms in Atlanta are going to finally admit publicly that A&B and K&S are a step above. Check out the Daily Report article from yesterday discussing these TTT firms.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:28 pm

Pillsbury matched. All offices. Email from firm chair.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:34 pm

Im at a firm very similar to Pillsbury and Reed Smith but my firm has not said anything about raises. Have any other biglaw firms out there just been absolutely silent on the issue? even a "we are discussing it" would mean something to me at this point

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I know it's not a vault-ranked firm, but any word on Sutherland Asbill & Brennan?

Looks like the remaining big firms in Atlanta are going to finally admit publicly that A&B and K&S are a step above. Check out the Daily Report article from yesterday discussing these TTT firms.

What Daily Report article? on Above the Law?

If so, that's really disappointing.

misterjames

Bronze

Postby misterjames » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

I'm here to whine about BuckleySandler. We have top 20 PPP, something like 2.6m or 2.7m. Over 1m in RPL.

I thought Buckley was slightly under market anyway? but with those PPP numbers a move should be coming...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:11 pm

What firms in LA still have not matched?

reasonable troll

Bronze

Postby reasonable troll » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What firms in LA still have not matched?

ManaTTT.

Loeb & Loeb which isn't vault but is well-regarded, especially for entertainment and (I think) pays market.

ETA: Also, afaik, Knobbe Martens.

http://www.vault.com/company-rankings/l ... sRankID=13

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:00 pm

misterjames wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I thought Buckley was slightly under market anyway? but with those PPP numbers a move should be coming...

Yes, but no. We're 5k below market but get an extra 5% of salary in the form of a 401k contribution. So all in, we *were* quite a bit above. 1st years last year made 186k all-in (155 + 5%401k +5k mid year + 15k year end).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:01 pm

reasonable troll wrote:

ManaTTT.

Loeb & Loeb which isn't vault but is well-regarded, especially for entertainment and (I think) pays market.

Surprising ManaTTT hasn't matched? From what people say on here they seem to be a top firm in certain areas. I agree with your assessment of Loeb, bet they match soon.

LaLiLuLeLo

Silver

Postby LaLiLuLeLo » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
reasonable troll wrote:

ManaTTT.

Surprising ManaTTT hasn't matched? From what people say on here they seem to be a top firm in certain areas. I agree with your assessment of Loeb, bet they match soon.

ManaTTT hasn't paid market in recent memory. The JUST raised from $125k to $150k. They won't match.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:21 pm

LaLiLuLeLo wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
reasonable troll wrote:

ManaTTT.

ManaTTT hasn't paid market in recent memory. The JUST raised from $125k to $150k. They won't match.

You think they are willing to head into OCI season paying $30k below every competitor firm? I understand how they got away with $125k after the recession, but in light of the recent announcements and publicity around $180k, I don't know...

LaLiLuLeLo

Silver

Postby LaLiLuLeLo » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
LaLiLuLeLo wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
reasonable troll wrote:

ManaTTT.

You think they are willing to head into OCI season paying $30k below every competitor firm? I understand how they got away with $125k after the recession, but in light of the recent announcements and publicity around $180k, I don't know...

They were getting away with paying $125k in a $160k market for years. Don't see why the difference between $150k and $180k would suddenly make them panic.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:30 pm

LaLiLuLeLo wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
LaLiLuLeLo wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
reasonable troll wrote:

ManaTTT.

They were getting away with paying $125k in a $160k market for years. Don't see why the difference between $150k and $180k would suddenly make them panic.

True. I wonder if there any ManaTTT TLS'ers out there who could comment on the current situation. Considering crossing them off my OCI list.

gaddockteeg

Bronze

Postby gaddockteeg » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
LaLiLuLeLo wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
LaLiLuLeLo wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
reasonable troll wrote:

ManaTTT.

True. I wonder if there any ManaTTT TLS'ers out there who could comment on the current situation. Considering crossing them off my OCI list.

The thing with LA (and CA in general) is that there's a pretty big shortage of law jobs and a pretty big oversupply of lawyers. My own firm has lost people to Manatt's LA office despite our higher salary.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:37 pm

gaddockteeg wrote:
The thing with LA (and CA in general) is that there's a pretty big shortage of law jobs and a pretty big oversupply of lawyers. My own firm has lost people to Manatt's LA office despite our higher salary.

Agree with this. LA is generally considered a difficult market to secure employment given that there are not as many jobs compared to other markets + oversupply of lawyers that went to school in and out of state.

Monochromatic Oeuvre

Gold

Postby Monochromatic Oeuvre » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:03 am

Anonymous User wrote:http://abovethelaw.com/2016/06/everyones-a-winner-with-these-salary-raises/

Time to cross Nixon off the list

No one who doesn't EXPLICITLY detail the class-by-class match should be crossed off the list.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
gaddockteeg wrote:

Agree with this. LA is generally considered a difficult market to secure employment given that there are not as many jobs compared to other markets + oversupply of lawyers that went to school in and out of state.

Totally get that, however, why would other LA firms raise (some ranked lower) and Manatt not? They have like under 100 associates from what I can tell. That is a tiny hit to PPP.

Return to “Legal Employment�