UChicago OCI 2016

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 326389
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:59 am

Jones Day CHI - cb (phone)

Proskauer Rose CHI - cb (phone)

Mayer Brown CHI - ding (e-mail)

Morgan Lewis CHI - cb (phone)

Perkins Coie CHI - cb (phone)

Anonymous User
Posts: 326389
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:20 pm

Has anyone heard from Cleary DC?

Anonymous User
Posts: 326389
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Jones Day CHI - cb (phone)

Proskauer Rose CHI - cb (phone)

Mayer Brown CHI - ding (e-mail)

Morgan Lewis CHI - cb (phone)

Perkins Coie CHI - cb (phone)



who was your interviewer for Perkins Coie?

Anonymous User
Posts: 326389
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Jones Day CHI - cb (phone)

Proskauer Rose CHI - cb (phone)

Mayer Brown CHI - ding (e-mail)

Morgan Lewis CHI - cb (phone)

Perkins Coie CHI - cb (phone)



who was your interviewer for Perkins Coie?

*Not the anon from above*

i think only one group of ppl did the chi office so it was SD and JV probably

Anonymous User
Posts: 326389
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Jones Day CHI - cb (phone)

Proskauer Rose CHI - cb (phone)

Mayer Brown CHI - ding (e-mail)

Morgan Lewis CHI - cb (phone)

Perkins Coie CHI - cb (phone)



who was your interviewer for Perkins Coie?

*Not the anon from above*

i think only one group of ppl did the chi office so it was SD and JV probably


No, NF also did Chi office. So there were two rooms at least

Anonymous User
Posts: 326389
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:08 pm

any DPW NY?

Anonymous User
Posts: 326389
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:36 pm

DPW CB Email (NY)

Anonymous User
Posts: 326389
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:50 pm

DPW CB (GA) by email too

Anonymous User
Posts: 326389
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:56 pm

Any word from Irell LA?

Anonymous User
Posts: 326389
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:34 pm

Anything from Freshfields?

Anonymous User
Posts: 326389
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any word from Irell LA?


Yes, CB.

Anonymous User
Posts: 326389
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:37 pm

STB NY ding by email, NY, interviewer initials JK

Anonymous User
Posts: 326389
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:50 pm

Has anyone heard from Norton Rose Fulbright (NY)?

Anonymous User
Posts: 326389
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:26 pm

Skadden CHI callback phone call

Anonymous User
Posts: 326389
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Skadden CHI callback phone call

Anonymous User
Posts: 326389
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:51 pm

Boies Schiller NY callback, email

Anonymous User
Posts: 326389
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:52 pm

are you all writing thank you notes?

Anonymous User
Posts: 326389
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:are you all writing thank you notes?


When it seems like we made a connection, yes, but I haven't gotten any CBs from those firms. Haven't gotten dinged from most of them either, though, so who knows.

User avatar
Eldon Tyrell

Silver
Posts: 1370
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:22 pm

Re: UChicago OCI 2016

Postby Eldon Tyrell » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:08 pm

Writing thank you notes for screeners is insane. You have too many and it's not going to make the difference. I still think they are unnecessary at the callback stage, but there isn't 100% agreement on this point.

Anonymous User
Posts: 326389
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:15 pm

Eldon Tyrell wrote:Writing thank you notes for screeners is insane. You have too many and it's not going to make the difference. I still think they are unnecessary at the callback stage, but there isn't 100% agreement on this point.


If you are grateful for the opportunity to interview with a firm, let them know.

User avatar
Eldon Tyrell

Silver
Posts: 1370
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:22 pm

Re: UChicago OCI 2016

Postby Eldon Tyrell » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Eldon Tyrell wrote:Writing thank you notes for screeners is insane. You have too many and it's not going to make the difference. I still think they are unnecessary at the callback stage, but there isn't 100% agreement on this point.


If you are grateful for the opportunity to interview with a firm, let them know.


So long as you know you're doing it for your own edification and nothing else.

Anonymous User
Posts: 326389
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:are you all writing thank you notes?


Noooooo

Anonymous User
Posts: 326389
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:54 pm

DPW NY callback about ten minutes ago, by email.

WheninLaw

Silver
Posts: 620
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:35 pm

Re: UChicago OCI 2016

Postby WheninLaw » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Eldon Tyrell wrote:Writing thank you notes for screeners is insane. You have too many and it's not going to make the difference. I still think they are unnecessary at the callback stage, but there isn't 100% agreement on this point.


If you are grateful for the opportunity to interview with a firm, let them know.


Do not do this.

User avatar
chicago-gunner123

New
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:27 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2016

Postby chicago-gunner123 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:06 pm

Eldon Tyrell wrote:Writing thank you notes for screeners is insane. You have too many and it's not going to make the difference. I still think they are unnecessary at the callback stage, but there isn't 100% agreement on this point.



Return to “Legal Employment?

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.