Thanks TLS.

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Being the SA that nobody likes

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:18 am

Thanks TLS. Helpful to someone in need as always.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

smaug

Diamond

Postby smaug » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:19 am

Da Rascal Does Summer Associate

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:20 am

Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

rpupkin

Platinum

Postby rpupkin » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:20 am

Anonymous User wrote:The one thing that I can think of is the fact that I hooked up with a couple of the female summers in the first couple of weeks, but I never told anyone else. And even if they went around telling people (which I mean, why would they?) I can't imagine that this would make people hate me. They weren't repeat hookups by the way (and in fact the two girls don't even seem to like me much anymore either, but not because I was rude to them during or after).

rpupkin

Platinum

Postby rpupkin » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:21 am

Anonymous User wrote:Can you all turn the judgmental tone down please? I'm asking nicely. I mean come on. I never once told another summer that I hooked up with anyone. They both came on to me and I gave in to temptation. There has been other hooking up going on within the summer class I'm sure (not that anyone would tell me). There is no way that a couple of hook ups brought this about.

163. The bolded was too much. Retake.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:22 am

Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:23 am

rpupkin wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Can you all turn the judgmental tone down please? I'm asking nicely. I mean come on. I never once told another summer that I hooked up with anyone. They both came on to me and I gave in to temptation. There has been other hooking up going on within the summer class I'm sure (not that anyone would tell me). There is no way that a couple of hook ups brought this about.

Not to late for him to pull a Covingttton and redeem this

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:24 am

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:25 am

Anonymous User wrote:By the way I'm not going to post any specific details on behavior as there aren't that many big west coast summer classes, but I promise you that my behavior has not been outlandish or boorish. I don't get belligerently drunk (to be honest I have only gotten actually drunk once so far at an event), I am polite and friendly to everyone, and I never insult people or talk down to people. I am self-aware enough to know that I don't verbally abuse people. I don't have fucking Tourettes.

Interestingly enough, you've posted questions referring to this summer as both a 1L summer and a 2L summer, you're not posting from the west coast, and you've also asked about whether it will be weird if you don't drink at SA events because of a medical condition, but now you've only got drunk once. Any explanation?

rpupkin

Platinum

Postby rpupkin » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:27 am

Anonymous User wrote:
rpupkin wrote:

Yep...I regret posting seeking some actually legitimate advice. I knew it was too much to hope for. You do know that it is possible for a woman to make advances on a guy right?

My quibble wasn't with the notion that women might come onto you. Rather, it was the with the cliched "I gave in to temptation" line, which made your post sound more like a fictional story than a real-life event. When I hit those words, it made it really hard to suspend my disbelief.

Troll on, bro.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:28 am

Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

rpupkin

Platinum

Postby rpupkin » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:29 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:By the way I'm not going to post any specific details on behavior as there aren't that many big west coast summer classes, but I promise you that my behavior has not been outlandish or boorish. I don't get belligerently drunk (to be honest I have only gotten actually drunk once so far at an event), I am polite and friendly to everyone, and I never insult people or talk down to people. I am self-aware enough to know that I don't verbally abuse people. I don't have fucking Tourettes.

Interestingly enough, you've posted questions referring to this summer as both a 1L summer and a 2L summer, you're not posting from the west coast, and you've also asked about whether it will be weird if you don't drink at SA events because of a medical condition, but now you've only got drunk once. Any explanation?

OP is so hated that his law firm has exiled him to entirely different geographic location. Or perhaps one of his hookups got a 1,000-mile-radius restraining order.

lavarman84

Platinum

Postby lavarman84 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:29 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:

guess who's back, back again, Manali's back, tell a friend, guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back...

mushybrain

Bronze

Re: Thanks TLS.

Postby mushybrain » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:30 am

If you are somehow not trolling, you've got some introspection to do. This post perfectly captures why you'd be disliked and how you'd manage to not understand why.

imalreadyamember?

Bronze

Postby imalreadyamember? » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:31 am

Postin in a troll thread cause I laughed hard

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:33 am

See, that's why we have anon, so people won't be identified. And trolling isn't allowed. And you're either really socially obtuse, or trolling.

But if you're serious, when I posted before, I wasn't being judgmental. I was pointing out that yes, actually, hooking up with two of your classmates in the first couple of weeks can definitely have social repercussions. You need to realize that.

rpupkin

Platinum

Postby rpupkin » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:34 am

I'll say this for OP: that he bothered to delete/edit all of his posts ITT does at least suggest that this was not a complete troll. Mmmmm....

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:36 am

I'm honestly not sure if he's a troll but he has definitely received this kind of response before and deleted the OP before. We need to start quoting these things.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:37 am

mushybrain wrote:If you are somehow not trolling, you've got some introspection to do. This post perfectly captures why you'd be disliked and how you'd manage to not understand why.

This is my last post and then I'm done. Just want to thank you all for making me (somehow) feel even shittier than I already did. I came on here and posted in a nice, calm, respectful manner and laid out what happened. I never got aggressive or rude. And what happens? You all decide to have a big laugh at my stressful situation (including the moderator of course, which is really just hilarious that the person who is supposed to be the neutral one is also being abusive) and shit all over me. Thanks a lot. By the way this was all a true story. Sorry but I don't derive any pleasure from anonymously trolling on the internet like you all apparently do. Have a good night.

1styearlateral

Silver

Postby 1styearlateral » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:40 am

sublime

Diamond

Postby sublime » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:42 am

Seriously op, if both your posting in this topic and in the last major topic you created are indicative of how you behave in real life, I would recommend some self reflection about your self awareness in order to improve your relationships.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:43 am

If the people who quoted me could delete what I said I would appreciate it. Please and thank you.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:45 am

I am one of the posters who quoted you above. I will delete the post of you post your rick for all of TLS to see.

Thx

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:58 am

Anonymous User wrote:I am one of the posters who quoted you above. I will delete the post of you post your rick for all of TLS to see.

Thx

Love how the moderators go after me for some reason, but of course let the trolling and anon abuse against me go unabashed. Thanks mods.

sublime

Diamond

Postby sublime » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:59 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I am one of the posters who quoted you above. I will delete the post of you post your rick for all of TLS to see.

Thx

Love how the moderators go after me for some reason, but of course let the trolling and anon abuse against me go unabashed. Thanks mods.

I gave you serious advice, brah.

Return to “Legal Employment?