Thanks TLS.

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
frank-reynolds

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:57 pm

Re: Thanks TLS.

Postby frank-reynolds » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:28 pm

tl;dr horse hung, social savant, adonis summer is porking no less than 4 other summers. probably a partner as well.

User avatar
unlicensedpotato

Silver
Posts: 525
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:16 pm

Re: Thanks TLS.

Postby unlicensedpotato » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:33 pm

frank-reynolds wrote:tl;dr horse hung, social savant, adonis summer is porking no less than 4 other summers. probably a partner as well.


Who does one contact at a firm to add this at the bottom of their bio?

User avatar
pancakes3

Platinum
Posts: 6623
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:49 pm

Re: Thanks TLS.

Postby pancakes3 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:41 pm

unlicensedpotato wrote:
frank-reynolds wrote:tl;dr horse hung, social savant, adonis summer is porking no less than 4 other summers. probably a partner as well.


Who does one contact at a firm to add this at the bottom of their bio?


You don't have to. Everyone who sees the bio pic will know that you FUCK.

User avatar
PeanutsNJam

Gold
Posts: 4568
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: Thanks TLS.

Postby PeanutsNJam » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:53 pm

pancakes3 wrote:
unlicensedpotato wrote:
frank-reynolds wrote:tl;dr horse hung, social savant, adonis summer is porking no less than 4 other summers. probably a partner as well.


Who does one contact at a firm to add this at the bottom of their bio?


You don't have to. Everyone who sees the bio pic will know that you FUCK.


I mean the problem is when you're that good looking and your penis is so big you'll never get a job anywhere, so you don't have to worry about putting anything in your "bio."

Internetdan

New
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:06 pm

Re: Thanks TLS.

Postby Internetdan » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:55 pm

unlicensedpotato wrote:
frank-reynolds wrote:tl;dr horse hung, social savant, adonis summer is porking no less than 4 other summers. probably a partner as well.


Who does one contact at a firm to add this at the bottom of their bio?


You get a bio as a summer?

I would just put it in my email signature and spam every outside outside counsel in the address book.

Make sure to ask your senior mentor for proper font spacing

Edit: ^ this is also true

User avatar
unlicensedpotato

Silver
Posts: 525
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:16 pm

Re: Thanks TLS.

Postby unlicensedpotato » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:04 pm

Internetdan wrote:
frank-reynolds wrote:tl;dr horse hung, social savant, adonis summer is porking no less than 4 other summers. probably a partner as well.


You get a bio as a summer?

I would just put it in my email signature and spam every outside outside counsel in the address book.

Make sure to ask your senior mentor for proper font spacing

Edit: ^ this is also true


Fair point, I think that this revised version could work for anyone though, from a stub year associate to the managing partner.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Thanks TLS.

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:59 am

Original poster here. I am not internet dan or any of the other anonymous users that have posted since my original conversation.

I just came back to point out the hilarity of this thread and the eerily similar thread started by another summer, which was the one about not fitting in/being liked by the other summers. It was almost exactly the same as this thread. There were two differences in that thread from this one: him having a girlfriend versus me hooking up with a couple of summers, and him being "short and objectively average looking" versus me being tall and handsome.

That's it. The only two differences. We both posted respectfully and politely. However, he received kind, helpful, encouraging comments while you all (including the mods funnily enough) took to mocking, attacking, and insulting me. The only reason I ever brought up the fact that I am tall and handsome was because I suspected it might be a part of the issue I was encountering (not because I wanted to fucking brag anonymously on the internet...what the hell would be the fucking point?). And you know what? The way you all have acted on here (bitter, jealous, hateful) has basically confirmed that suspicion. So thanks TLS, without meaning to you actually helped answer my original question! By the way, LOL at all of you believing that there couldn't possibly be anyone handsome that posts on TLS. Kind of insulting yourselves there aren't you? Anyways, I'm not interested in getting into a back and forth, but just wanted to point out the irony of how such a similar thread (except that slight difference) was posted, and how that slight difference led to such different treatment for the other person.

User avatar
rpupkin

Platinum
Posts: 5658
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:32 pm

Re: Thanks TLS.

Postby rpupkin » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:05 am

Anonymous User wrote:Original poster here. I am not internet dan or any of the other anonymous users that have posted since my original conversation.

I just came back to point out the hilarity of this thread and the eerily similar thread started by another summer, which was the one about not fitting in/being liked by the other summers. It was almost exactly the same as this thread. There were two differences in that thread from this one: him having a girlfriend versus me hooking up with a couple of summers, and him being "short and objectively average looking" versus me being tall and handsome.

That's it. The only two differences. We both posted respectfully and politely. However, he received kind, helpful, encouraging comments while you all (including the mods funnily enough) took to mocking, attacking, and insulting me. The only reason I ever brought up the fact that I am tall and handsome was because I suspected it might be a part of the issue I was encountering (not because I wanted to fucking brag anonymously on the internet...what the hell would be the fucking point?). And you know what? The way you all have acted on here (bitter, jealous, hateful) has basically confirmed that suspicion. So thanks TLS, without meaning to you actually helped answer my original question! By the way, LOL at all of you believing that there couldn't possibly be anyone handsome that posts on TLS. Kind of insulting yourselves there aren't you? Anyways, I'm not interested in getting into a back and forth, but just wanted to point out the irony of how such a similar thread (except that slight difference) was posted, and how that slight difference led to such different treatment for the other person.

I just can't fathom why your fellow summers don't like you. I guess some things simply can't be explained.

User avatar
UnicornHunter

Diamond
Posts: 13507
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 9:16 pm

Re: Thanks TLS.

Postby UnicornHunter » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:05 am

Anonymous User wrote:Original poster here. I am not internet dan or any of the other anonymous users that have posted since my original conversation.

I just came back to point out the hilarity of this thread and the eerily similar thread started by another summer, which was the one about not fitting in/being liked by the other summers. It was almost exactly the same as this thread. There were two differences in that thread from this one: him having a girlfriend versus me hooking up with a couple of summers, and him being "short and objectively average looking" versus me being tall and handsome.

That's it. The only two differences. We both posted respectfully and politely. However, he received kind, helpful, encouraging comments while you all (including the mods funnily enough) took to mocking, attacking, and insulting me. The only reason I ever brought up the fact that I am tall and handsome was because I suspected it might be a part of the issue I was encountering (not because I wanted to fucking brag anonymously on the internet...what the hell would be the fucking point?). And you know what? The way you all have acted on here (bitter, jealous, hateful) has basically confirmed that suspicion. So thanks TLS, without meaning to you actually helped answer my original question! By the way, LOL at all of you believing that there couldn't possibly be anyone handsome that posts on TLS. Kind of insulting yourselves there aren't you? Anyways, I'm not interested in getting into a back and forth, but just wanted to point out the irony of how such a similar thread (except that slight difference) was posted, and how that slight difference led to such different treatment for the other person.


What sort of answer did you want? A generic "hang in there sport?" A "ur dick must be sooooo huge?" I mean it sounds like you made a few douche moves to start off the summer and now you're paying the price. Sorry? Don't hook up with your co-workers in the future?

Be nice to people, stop putting your dick into co-worker strange, and do good work. Maybe you'll lose your rep. Probably not though. I don't know, that was a really dumb idea. Unlike the other dude, there's not much TLS can do to make it better- you've made your bed, lie in it. Just don't make the same mistake twice.

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse

Diamond
Posts: 29316
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: Thanks TLS.

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:15 am

OP, you had helpful and respectful replies until you explained that you had hooked up with two different co-SAs in the first couple of weeks but couldn't have ANY idea how that could POSSIBLY affect anything about how anyone treated you. The fact that you did that and the other person posting a similar thread didn't do that is actually a huge difference, and it's weird that you seem incapable of recognizing that.

lavarman84

Platinum
Posts: 7702
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:01 pm

Re: Thanks TLS.

Postby lavarman84 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:17 am

Anonymous User wrote:Original poster here. I am not internet dan or any of the other anonymous users that have posted since my original conversation.

I just came back to point out the hilarity of this thread and the eerily similar thread started by another summer, which was the one about not fitting in/being liked by the other summers. It was almost exactly the same as this thread. There were two differences in that thread from this one: him having a girlfriend versus me hooking up with a couple of summers, and him being "short and objectively average looking" versus me being tall and handsome.

That's it. The only two differences. We both posted respectfully and politely. However, he received kind, helpful, encouraging comments while you all (including the mods funnily enough) took to mocking, attacking, and insulting me. The only reason I ever brought up the fact that I am tall and handsome was because I suspected it might be a part of the issue I was encountering (not because I wanted to fucking brag anonymously on the internet...what the hell would be the fucking point?). And you know what? The way you all have acted on here (bitter, jealous, hateful) has basically confirmed that suspicion. So thanks TLS, without meaning to you actually helped answer my original question! By the way, LOL at all of you believing that there couldn't possibly be anyone handsome that posts on TLS. Kind of insulting yourselves there aren't you? Anyways, I'm not interested in getting into a back and forth, but just wanted to point out the irony of how such a similar thread (except that slight difference) was posted, and how that slight difference led to such different treatment for the other person.


The accuracy of this quote is just uncanny:
LaLiLuLeLo wrote:As the great philosopher Raylan said, "If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Given your treatment I think you need to be seriously introspective.


Thank you, Justified.

But, by all means, continue to believe that your fellow SAs are just bitter, jealous, and hating on you because of your height and looks. Your irrational belief in your own superiority totally isn't the cause. You're self-aware, after all. :lol:

I kind of hope this is a total troll because I might actually feel bad for you. You probably mean well but totally lack self-awareness.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Thanks TLS.

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:38 am

First of all I never told a soul about the hookups and I have no reason to believe that either girl said anything either. And even if they did, I am fairly confident that wouldn't lead to the reaction I have received. I'm pretty sure there has been other hooking up within the class, and the fact that I have hooked up with two instead of one doesn't make me some sort of monster...

By the way I have never ever said that I was superior to anyone. I even mentioned in the beginning that I was uncomfortable complimenting myself on things like my looks or height, and that the only reason I brought them up was because this is the internet. I don't say those things out in public BECAUSE PEOPLE CAN SEE ME. I have to mention it here where I think it is relevant BECAUSE YOU CANNOT SEE ME. I really don't understand how this is a difficult concept to grasp. Even if I was the ugliest fucking troll on the planet, what would I possibly get out of posting about my devastatingly good looks on a forum full of law students and lawyers (who are not known for their looks in general)?

By the way, everything I have posted in here has been sincere and genuine, but by all means continue to call me a troll.

User avatar
rpupkin

Platinum
Posts: 5658
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:32 pm

Re: Thanks TLS.

Postby rpupkin » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:43 am

Anonymous User wrote:First of all I never told a soul about the hookups and I have no reason to believe that either girl said anything either.

But . . . you do have reason to believe it. Do you really, honestly not understand that?

bk1

Diamond
Posts: 20072
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Thanks TLS.

Postby bk1 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:50 am

I always wonder, why do bad things happen to sexy people?

lavarman84

Platinum
Posts: 7702
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:01 pm

Re: Thanks TLS.

Postby lavarman84 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:54 am

Anonymous User wrote:First of all I never told a soul about the hookups and I have no reason to believe that either girl said anything either. And even if they did, I am fairly confident that wouldn't lead to the reaction I have received. I'm pretty sure there has been other hooking up within the class, and the fact that I have hooked up with two instead of one doesn't make me some sort of monster...

By the way I have never ever said that I was superior to anyone. I even mentioned in the beginning that I was uncomfortable complimenting myself on things like my looks or height, and that the only reason I brought them up was because this is the internet. I don't say those things out in public BECAUSE PEOPLE CAN SEE ME. I have to mention it here where I think it is relevant BECAUSE YOU CANNOT SEE ME. I really don't understand how this is a difficult concept to grasp. Even if I was the ugliest fucking troll on the planet, what would I possibly get out of posting about my devastatingly good looks on a forum full of law students and lawyers (who are not known for their looks in general)?

By the way, everything I have posted in here has been sincere and genuine, but by all means continue to call me a troll.


You really lack self-awareness. The fact that you think it's relevant is the problem. You don't have to tell people that you're tall and handsome to act superior. The fact that you walk around thinking it and thinking they resent you for being those things is what causes the aura of superiority. You're probably a very conceited person in real life. That would perfectly explain people's attitudes towards you. You're the type of guy that walks into a conversation and tries to steer the conversation to yourself. And I know, you're self-aware. You know you aren't that guy. Except you probably are the type of person who joins the conversation and only listens to what others say so you can find a way to inject yourself into the conversation. Hell, you might even be the classic one-upper.

Point being, I don't know you. But your rationalization of your fellow SAs' dislike of you reeks of entitlement, arrogance, and conceitedness.

As others told you, try being introspective. Try really thinking about how you treat people. Odds are that people dislike you because you come off as a douche. Realistically, your looks actually gain you points on first impression. But when you're around people long enough, you get past your first impression and everything ends up falling on your personality. When people have to spend a lot of time around you, they care much more about your personality than your looks.

The fact that your SAs have frozen you out as time passed and they spent more time with you should indicate to you that it's your personality that's the problem. If it were your looks, they would have been "jealous" of you from the beginning.

Anyways, good luck to you. I hope you find a way to fix the problem. You might be an asshole; I can't say for sure. But I feel for you. It sucks to not fit in socially.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Thanks TLS.

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:55 am

rpupkin wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:First of all I never told a soul about the hookups and I have no reason to believe that either girl said anything either.

But . . . you do have reason to believe it. Do you really, honestly not understand that?


Ok let's assume your point and they blabbed and somehow every summer knows. Why would that lead to being frozen out? If I found out that another summer had hooked up with a couple of the other summers I would find it to be amusing. It wouldn't make me hate his fucking guts. Maybe I'm just less judgmental than most people and that's why I am not getting this (in fact I know him based in part on this thread). I admit that this is a possibility for what is happening here.

bern victim

Silver
Posts: 1270
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:58 pm

Re: Thanks TLS.

Postby bern victim » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:57 am

ignore these jealous fucks OP. they're so intimidated by someone good looking that they're just going to tear down everything you say.

tell us more about the hookups. maybe there's some insight to be gleaned there.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Thanks TLS.

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:59 am

lawman84 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:First of all I never told a soul about the hookups and I have no reason to believe that either girl said anything either. And even if they did, I am fairly confident that wouldn't lead to the reaction I have received. I'm pretty sure there has been other hooking up within the class, and the fact that I have hooked up with two instead of one doesn't make me some sort of monster...

By the way I have never ever said that I was superior to anyone. I even mentioned in the beginning that I was uncomfortable complimenting myself on things like my looks or height, and that the only reason I brought them up was because this is the internet. I don't say those things out in public BECAUSE PEOPLE CAN SEE ME. I have to mention it here where I think it is relevant BECAUSE YOU CANNOT SEE ME. I really don't understand how this is a difficult concept to grasp. Even if I was the ugliest fucking troll on the planet, what would I possibly get out of posting about my devastatingly good looks on a forum full of law students and lawyers (who are not known for their looks in general)?

By the way, everything I have posted in here has been sincere and genuine, but by all means continue to call me a troll.


You really lack self-awareness. The fact that you think it's relevant is the problem. You don't have to tell people that you're tall and handsome to act superior. The fact that you walk around thinking it and thinking they resent you for being those things is what causes the aura of superiority. You're probably a very conceited person in real life. That would perfectly explain people's attitudes towards you. You're the type of guy that walks into a conversation and tries to steer the conversation to yourself. And I know, you're self-aware. You know you aren't that guy. Except you probably are the type of person who joins the conversation and only listens to what others say so you can find a way to inject yourself into the conversation. Hell, you might even be the classic one-upper.

Point being, I don't know you. But your rationalization of your fellow SAs' dislike of you reeks of entitlement, arrogance, and conceitedness.

As others told you, try being introspective. Try really thinking about how you treat people. Odds are that people dislike you because you come off as a douche. Realistically, your looks actually gain you points on first impression. But when you're around people long enough, you get past your first impression and everything ends up falling on your personality. When people have to spend a lot of time around you, they care much more about your personality than your looks.

The fact that your SAs have frozen you out as time passed and they spent more time with you should indicate to you that it's your personality that's the problem. If it were your looks, they would have been "jealous" of you from the beginning.

Anyways, good luck to you. I hope you find a way to fix the problem. You might be an asshole; I can't say for sure. But I feel for you. It sucks to not fit in socially.


Thank you for this post. First valuable post that's been made, and I do appreciate it. Honestly, I was hoping for a point of view like this. While I don't consider myself to be "arrogant" or "conceited", perhaps I come off that way. I'll sleep on it. And you are right that it does suck. I mean hell, I don't even fit in on a board of law students posting on the internet on a Friday night. Anyways good night.

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse

Diamond
Posts: 29316
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: Thanks TLS.

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:01 am

Anonymous User wrote:First of all I never told a soul about the hookups and I have no reason to believe that either girl said anything either. And even if they did, I am fairly confident that wouldn't lead to the reaction I have received. I'm pretty sure there has been other hooking up within the class, and the fact that I have hooked up with two instead of one doesn't make me some sort of monster...

I get that you don't see any issue with hooking up with both of them, in the first couple of weeks, but everyone who's posted here has identified that as the problem. You could chalk it up to everyone here being bitter and hateful, or maybe consider that your perspective is an outlier and maybe not shared by your fellow SAs. That's not even saying you have to believe it was the wrong thing to do, just there are strong differences of opinion about it.

(And it sounds terribly naive to believe neither one said anything to anyone.)

Anonymous User
Posts: 325139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Thanks TLS.

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:12 am

I had a whore classmate who fucked almost every willing guy i know. She told me one of the guys, who was supposedly hooking up with another girl in an exclusive relationship, begged her to keep their sexing a secret.

And just about everyone who hooked up in law school or SA always tell someone. It is naive to think hook ups can be kept secret.

bern victim

Silver
Posts: 1270
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:58 pm

Re: Thanks TLS.

Postby bern victim » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:15 am

Anonymous User wrote:I had a whore classmate who fucked almost every willing guy i know. She told me one of the guys, who was supposedly hooking up with another girl in an exclusive relationship, begged her to keep their sexing a secret.

And just about everyone who hooked up in law school or SA always tell someone. It is naive to think hook ups can be kept secret.

great anecdote

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse

Diamond
Posts: 29316
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: Thanks TLS.

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:39 am

Anonymous User wrote:I had a whore classmate who fucked almost every willing guy i know. She told me one of the guys, who was supposedly hooking up with another girl in an exclusive relationship, begged her to keep their sexing a secret.

And just about everyone who hooked up in law school or SA always tell someone. It is naive to think hook ups can be kept secret.

for fuck's sake, why would you call her that?

User avatar
El Pollito

Diamond
Posts: 20141
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:11 pm

Re: Thanks TLS.

Postby El Pollito » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:57 am

Anonymous User wrote:Original poster here. I am not internet dan or any of the other anonymous users that have posted since my original conversation.

holy shit lol

User avatar
rpupkin

Platinum
Posts: 5658
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:32 pm

Re: Thanks TLS.

Postby rpupkin » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:27 am

Anonymous User wrote:
rpupkin wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:First of all I never told a soul about the hookups and I have no reason to believe that either girl said anything either.

But . . . you do have reason to believe it. Do you really, honestly not understand that?


Ok let's assume your point and they blabbed and somehow every summer knows. Why would that lead to being frozen out? If I found out that another summer had hooked up with a couple of the other summers I would find it to be amusing. It wouldn't make me hate his fucking guts. Maybe I'm just less judgmental than most people and that's why I am not getting this (in fact I know him based in part on this thread). I admit that this is a possibility for what is happening here.

I'm not judging you for hooking up with a couple of your fellow summers. I think it's quite possible, however, that your behavior hurt/annoyed/offended these women, even though you evidently can't fathom how that might be so. It's that last part—your inability/unwillingness to allow for the possibility that perhaps you inadvertently did something hurtful or inappropriate—that's generating most of the negative reaction in this thread.

Given the tone of your posts, I find it rather unlikely that you're less judgmental than most people. That explanation appears to comfort you, but I doubt it's right. Look, there's something off about you. I realize that's a harsh thing to say, but you came to this thread asking for explanations, and you're getting them.

If you're not trolling, I sincerely think you should seek some kind of professional help. The "ask for help on an internet message board" approach clearly does not suit you. Good luck.

izha

New
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Thanks TLS.

Postby izha » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:36 am

Anonymous User wrote:First of all I never told a soul about the hookups and I have no reason to believe that either girl said anything either. And even if they did, I am fairly confident that wouldn't lead to the reaction I have received. I'm pretty sure there has been other hooking up within the class, and the fact that I have hooked up with two instead of one doesn't make me some sort of monster...

By the way I have never ever said that I was superior to anyone. I even mentioned in the beginning that I was uncomfortable complimenting myself on things like my looks or height, and that the only reason I brought them up was because this is the internet. I don't say those things out in public BECAUSE PEOPLE CAN SEE ME. I have to mention it here where I think it is relevant BECAUSE YOU CANNOT SEE ME. I really don't understand how this is a difficult concept to grasp. Even if I was the ugliest fucking troll on the planet, what would I possibly get out of posting about my devastatingly good looks on a forum full of law students and lawyers (who are not known for their looks in general)?

By the way, everything I have posted in here has been sincere and genuine, but by all means continue to call me a troll.

I'm with you. But may be you just didn't perform well? And of course they shared that disappointment with the whole office including partners. I doubt you'll get an offer. Unless you bring some strong LORs of course.



Return to “Legal Employment?

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.