Am I screwed? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
astros4421

New

Am I screwed?

Post by astros4421 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:41 pm

2.95 GPA after 1L year at a Texas T1 (SMU/UH) median is 3.05. Want small/mid sized firm. Is it still possible?

isuperserial

Silver

Re: Am I screwed?

Post by isuperserial » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:56 pm

Of course not. Obviously doing better would have been optimal, but there is no reason you can't still find a smallish firm to work at after graduation.

SMU has 75% employment. Therefore half of the people below median get jobs. And there is no reason why you can't pull yourself into the top half of your class as a 2L.

Anonymous User

Re: Am I screwed?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:24 pm

astros4421 wrote:2.95 GPA after 1L year at a Texas T1 (SMU/UH) median is 3.05. Want small/mid sized firm. Is it still possible?
I'm guessing you are at UHLC given your name, in any event, you are not screwed. You will have to grind 2L year for good grades. Also just keep checking simplicity, networking, mass mailing and doing everything you can to set your self apart.

Raising your grades 2L is your chief concern. I know that UHLC does a midsize career fair in the Spring. Kill it fall semester so you are in a good position for that.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”