Make firms aware at OCI of interest in different office then where they are interveiwing for? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Make firms aware at OCI of interest in different office then where they are interveiwing for?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:49 pm

Firm A, a firm with offices all over the US, is interviewing at my schools OCI. However in symplicity it indicates that they are interviewing for City X and nothing else. However they also have an office in City Y, my target area.

Should I tell them in my cover letter I upload that I prefer to work in City Y over City X?

I ask because I want to work in City Y, but I'd rather work Biglaw in City X then not get a job offer. I'm worried putting down my prefered location will auto ding me.

Emma.

Gold

Re: Make firms aware at OCI of interest in different office then where they are interveiwing for?

Post by Emma. » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Firm A, a firm with offices all over the US, is interviewing at my schools OCI. However in symplicity it indicates that they are interviewing for City X and nothing else. However they also have an office in City Y, my target area.

Should I tell them in my cover letter I upload that I prefer to work in City Y over City X?

I ask because I want to work in City Y, but I'd rather work Biglaw in City X then not get a job offer. I'm worried putting down my prefered location will auto ding me.
I certainly wouldn't say you prefer City Y. But it probably wouldn't hurt to mention that, in addition to City X, you would also be open to working in City Y.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”