Fear of Heights and BigLaw

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Fear of Heights and BigLaw

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I might get one of these http://www.gizmag.com/rescue-reel-emerg ... ape/11887/

I don't know if that would help me, personally.

JenDarby

Diamond

Postby JenDarby » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I might get one of these http://www.gizmag.com/rescue-reel-emerg ... ape/11887/

I don't know if that would help me, personally.

Then hopefully the entirely interior emergency staircase would.

kellyfrost

Platinum

Postby kellyfrost » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:39 pm

Requesting a follow up from OP. I am very curious how this turned out and where OP ended up.
Last edited by kellyfrost on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

star fox

Diamond

Postby star fox » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:41 pm

Suck it up and get over it.

Pokemon

Gold

Postby Pokemon » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:34 pm

BruceWayne wrote:Some of you guys are clowning him but it's really not all that absurd of a fear/concern. I wouldn't necessarily let it be THE deciding factor in my career choice but this being one of a list of things that leads to a preference for DC over NYC for example isn't crazy. It does make evacuating in the case of emergencies and fires exponentially more dangerous. It reminds me of my personal discomfort with a lot of nightclubs having so few exits, no windows, and so many people in them. I can't help but think that that's part of what made it so difficult for people in Orlando to escape. The crazy tall building thing might be even worse. What are you supposed to do when you are on the 34th floor and a fire breaks out below you? is that really so unlikely?

God bless the families and friends of those hurt in the Orlando tragedy.

I am not trying to be an assohole and at the end of the day I am also afraid of heights.
It is though an absurd fear. Skyscrapers in NYC are designed to withstand fires on the lower levels and a host of other things. They are not more unsafe than lower level buildings (they are actually probably safer because newer and more thought out).

sundance95

Gold

Postby sundance95 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:16 pm

Pokemon wrote:It is though an absurd fear. Skyscrapers in NYC The new massive ocean liners are designed to withstand fires icebergs on the lower levels and a host of other things. They are not more unsafe than lower level buildings smaller ships (they are actually probably safer because newer and more thought out).

Return to “Legal Employment�