passed the bar..now what? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
latetothegame

New

passed the bar..now what?

Post by latetothegame » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:47 pm

So it took me a few tries to pass in Cali. Such that I had a biglaw job and left (not because they wanted me to, but I needed a break from the whole situation to get my head together and do what it took to pass).

Hiring partner when I left said they would love to rehire me if I came back. But now I've learned that she's no longer a big fish at the firm so she might have no pull. Most of my close connections at the firm have moved on.

I feel like the world is my oyster, and yet not. The recruitment as we know is centered on current law students or attorneys with a few years of experience.

If I wanted to get back to BigLaw, I feel like they would laugh at me at this point. I'm basically a weirdo who couldn't pass the stupid test, and now I want back in.

Wondering if anyone else has heard of experiences like this and could give some pointers. Would working at a small law firm be the way to go? I feel like once you join a small firm the door to biglaw kind of closes? Mind you, I think working at a small law firm could be awesome. But my question is basically could it play a role in helping get back to BigLaw? Or would it hurt?

Return to “Legal Employment”