Georgetown EIW - 2016

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 299708
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown EIW - 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:14 pm

Has anyone heard from DLA Piper DC?

Anonymous User
Posts: 299708
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown EIW - 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:52 pm

Mayer Brown CHI Ding

Anonymous User
Posts: 299708
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown EIW - 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:02 pm

Baker Hostetler Cleveland ding

Anonymous User
Posts: 299708
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown EIW - 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard form any of the Delaware firms, specifically Potter Anderson?


Same question. I have heard nothing at all from Potter Anderson either, one way or another. I vaguely recall, but not certain, that the female interviewer said they would probably meet on Tuesday (aka yesterday) so I assume we'll hear soon.




Potter Anderson, Sadden, Morris Nichols, and Young Conaway have all made callbacks, mostly last week, but one on Saturday and one email on Monday.

Anonymous User
Posts: 299708
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown EIW - 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard form any of the Delaware firms, specifically Potter Anderson?


Same question. I have heard nothing at all from Potter Anderson either, one way or another. I vaguely recall, but not certain, that the female interviewer said they would probably meet on Tuesday (aka yesterday) so I assume we'll hear soon.




Potter Anderson, Sadden, Morris Nichols, and Young Conaway have all made callbacks, mostly last week, but one on Saturday and one email on Monday.


Thank you.

Anonymous User
Posts: 299708
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown EIW - 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:38 pm

Any of those Sheppard Mullin dings from SoCal?

Anonymous User
Posts: 299708
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown EIW - 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any of those Sheppard Mullin dings from SoCal?


Yes. Century City.

Anonymous User
Posts: 299708
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown EIW - 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:15 pm

Jones Day DC ding earlier today

Anonymous User
Posts: 299708
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown EIW - 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:44 am

Kirkland NY ding last night

Anonymous User
Posts: 299708
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown EIW - 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:32 am

What's the general turn around from call back to offer?

Anonymous User
Posts: 299708
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown EIW - 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:45 am

Anonymous User wrote:What's the general turn around from call back to offer?

There are a lot of threads about this, so use the search function. You can also look at this, but with a grain of salt. It's 2013, Columbia, etc. - - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =399774523

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2853
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: Georgetown EIW - 2016

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:48 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:What's the general turn around from call back to offer?

There are a lot of threads about this, so use the search function. You can also look at this, but with a grain of salt. It's 2013, Columbia, etc. - - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =399774523


turn around as in timing is what i think he meant

i've just been asking recruiting they don't seem to mind the question

Anonymous User
Posts: 299708
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown EIW - 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:51 am

McDermott DC callback this morning via email

Anonymous User
Posts: 299708
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown EIW - 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:58 am

Squire Patton Boggs CB yesterday

Anonymous User
Posts: 299708
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown EIW - 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:20 am

Anonymous User wrote:Squire Patton Boggs CB yesterday


DC?

Anonymous User
Posts: 299708
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown EIW - 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:43 am

If you haven't heard from a firm either way by now, (and haven't heard of anyone else hearing from them) is it possible they're just moving slow, there's a 'waitlist' of sorts, or is that pretty much a ding? Secondary market here

Anonymous User
Posts: 299708
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown EIW - 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:06 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Squire Patton Boggs CB yesterday


DC?


Which office

Anonymous User
Posts: 299708
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown EIW - 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:09 am

Anyone heard anything from Pillsbury (SF particularly, but anywhere) or Hogan Lovells secondary markets?

Anonymous User
Posts: 299708
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown EIW - 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:54 am

Have any of you heard dings from Ropes, Wiley Rein (DC), Sidley (DC), Proskauer (DC), Venable (DC), Fried (DC), Foley (DC) or Hogan (DC)?

Anonymous User
Posts: 299708
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown EIW - 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone heard anything from Pillsbury (SF particularly, but anywhere) or Hogan Lovells secondary markets?


Not SF, but Pillsbury NY is out.

Anonymous User
Posts: 299708
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown EIW - 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Squire Patton Boggs CB yesterday


DC?


Which office


Yes, DC.

Anonymous User
Posts: 299708
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown EIW - 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:McDermott DC callback this morning via email


McDermott DC ding this morning via email

Anonymous User
Posts: 299708
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown EIW - 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Have any of you heard dings from Ropes, Wiley Rein (DC), Sidley (DC), Proskauer (DC), Venable (DC), Fried (DC), Foley (DC) or Hogan (DC)?


bump. any dings on Hogan?

Anonymous User
Posts: 299708
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown EIW - 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Have any of you heard dings from Ropes, Wiley Rein (DC), Sidley (DC), Proskauer (DC), Venable (DC), Fried (DC), Foley (DC) or Hogan (DC)?



bump. i would like to know some of these as well

Anonymous User
Posts: 299708
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown EIW - 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:35 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:What's the general turn around from call back to offer?

There are a lot of threads about this, so use the search function. You can also look at this, but with a grain of salt. It's 2013, Columbia, etc. - - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =399774523


turn around as in timing is what i think he meant

i've just been asking recruiting they don't seem to mind the question


I had a call back on Monday and got an offer via phone Wednesday afternoon. However, they said I would also be receiving the offer via letter. I can't speak for other firms (yet, I hope), though.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.