Michigan OCI 2016

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Michigan OCI 2016

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:14 am

Are interview spots showing up for those of you with less than 11 bids?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:57 am

Anonymous User wrote:Is there any strategy behind dropping interviews if you're at 25? Does anyone ever get off the interview waitlist?

I already picked up two from the waitlist, but I don't know how it works.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:02 pm

I have like 3 i'd like to drop, but I missed the last drop period. Tomorrow, when I can drop again.. is there just a button beside the firm name that says "drop" or "cancel" or something?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I have like 3 i'd like to drop, but I missed the last drop period. Tomorrow, when I can drop again.. is there just a button beside the firm name that says "drop" or "cancel" or something?

You have to go under "scheduled interviews" and then click on the date above the firm name and then there's a "drop" button on that page.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:09 pm

How is the interview add period going to work tomorrow? Do I need to be on Symplicity at 9 am sharp?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know which Detroit firms are doing pre-EIW interviews this year?

Would also be interested to know this. Also, how does a pre-EIW interview work? How do you get selected?

+1

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know which Detroit firms are doing pre-EIW interviews this year?

Would also be interested to know this. Also, how does a pre-EIW interview work? How do you get selected?

+1

Don't know anything about Detroit. As for pre-EIW interviews, you should apply directly. Email the primary recruiting person (contact info is usually on NALP or the firm's website - symplicity is usually out of date). Realistically, you are only going to get a pre-EIW interview if you are summering in the city you are applying to. That said, given that we are so close to OCI, I'm not sure how likely it is firms will do pre-EIW interviews for people that apply cold.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

+1

Don't know anything about Detroit. As for pre-EIW interviews, you should apply directly. Email the primary recruiting person (contact info is usually on NALP or the firm's website - symplicity is usually out of date). Realistically, you are only going to get a pre-EIW interview if you are summering in the city you are applying to. That said, given that we are so close to OCI, I'm not sure how likely it is firms will do pre-EIW interviews for people that apply cold.

Yea, I think you've missed any chance at Pre-OCI interviews. I was able to get 5 pre-oci interviews, but I was applying in June.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:22 am

When is the next drop period? I think I was a bit overzealous when picking up interviews.

FYI there are still a fair number of open sign up spots.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I have like 3 i'd like to drop, but I missed the last drop period. Tomorrow, when I can drop again.. is there just a button beside the firm name that says "drop" or "cancel" or something?

You have to go under "scheduled interviews" and then click on the date above the firm name and then there's a "drop" button on that page.

Do you mean the "cancel" button? I just want to be sure there's not some sort of difference (ex maybe the "cancel" button allows the interviewers to see you canceled on them...?).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Do you mean the "cancel" button? I just want to be sure there's not some sort of difference (ex maybe the "cancel" button allows the interviewers to see you canceled on them...?).

No worries it's the same button. I just wasn't looking at the screen at the time.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:12 am

Does anyone else find it a little ridiculous that you can't both add *and* drop interviews on the same day?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone else find it a little ridiculous that you can't both add *and* drop interviews on the same day?

Yes.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone else find it a little ridiculous that you can't both add *and* drop interviews on the same day?

Yes.

No.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:42 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Yes.

No.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:41 pm

Hi all. I know this is a bit early, but I'm a transfer that will be doing OCI but I'm not familiar with the campus and won't be moving to AA until just before OCI. I see on my interview schedule the locations are listed as C##-###. I know OCI will be at the lawyers club but I'm confused to what the letter C means. Are there multiple buildings to walk between? I have several back-to-backs and I'm worried about having to go in between buildings.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hi all. I know this is a bit early, but I'm a transfer that will be doing OCI but I'm not familiar with the campus and won't be moving to AA until just before OCI. I see on my interview schedule the locations are listed as C##-###. I know OCI will be at the lawyers club but I'm confused to what the letter C means. Are there multiple buildings to walk between? I have several back-to-backs and I'm worried about having to go in between buildings.

It's no big deal. Lawyers club is two connected buildings, Cook and Munger. The C stands for Cook. The only time you'll have to walk a tiny bit is if you have something in South Hall. That is across the street.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hi all. I know this is a bit early, but I'm a transfer that will be doing OCI but I'm not familiar with the campus and won't be moving to AA until just before OCI. I see on my interview schedule the locations are listed as C##-###. I know OCI will be at the lawyers club but I'm confused to what the letter C means. Are there multiple buildings to walk between? I have several back-to-backs and I'm worried about having to go in between buildings.

I think part of the mandatory meeting next Monday is an optional tour of the lawyers club for those who aren't familiar with the layout.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:12 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

+1

Yea, I think you've missed any chance at Pre-OCI interviews. I was able to get 5 pre-oci interviews, but I was applying in June.

Were those pre-oci interviews Detroit or a different market?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:24 pm

Has anyone had success picking up extra screeners from firms you bid on but missed?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:20 pm

Any 3Ls participating?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:59 pm

Better to MM firms that are participating in your OCI or no?

deuceindc

Bronze

Postby deuceindc » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Better to MM firms that are participating in your OCI or no?

If you're interviewing on campus, it'd be a waste of everyone's time. If you're not, go for it.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Better to MM firms that are participating in your OCI or no?

When OCI is a week away it doesn't seem super appropriate. Like, the pre-OCI mm ship may have sailed already for firms that are coming. What would be the point? If you mean reaching out to firms you didn't get interviews with, just hit them up at OCI in person.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:38 am

Transfers, have y'all heard anything about when MLR is supposed to get back to you?

Return to “Legal Employment?