Biglaw --> Small Law --> Then What? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Biglaw --> Small Law --> Then What?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:32 pm

Currently in the 2-4 year range in a niche practice group of a V50 not based in NY (one of DC/LA/SF/BOS/HOU). Thinking of moving to small law in the same niche area in the same market for lifestyle reasons, but concerned that it'd preclude me from lateraling to another firm/market in the future (the goal would be to settle in at the new place, but things might not turn out as expected, spouse might land a dream job in another state, etc.). The small firms I've talked to are well-regarded locally, but not really known on a national level. The niche area itself is pretty portable (think L&E, tax, etc. - a group most firms and large companies have in some capacity).

Anybody have stories to share on moving from biglaw to small law, then making another big move (geographically or in type/size of employer)? Any ideas on how long I could continue to rely on LS/biglaw prestige to get pulled from a resume pile (I graduated w/academic honors from a T14)?

zot1

Gold

Re: Biglaw --> Small Law --> Then What?

Post by zot1 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:59 pm

Models and bottles.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”