portable practice areas Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

portable practice areas

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:59 am

I'm a 2nd year DC biglaw practicing in a specialized regulatory group that has no relevance to mid-law firms in the midwest. Problem is, I want to go to a midlaw firm in the midwest in a few years. I'm going to switch practice groups, and I'd like suggestions as to areas are most portable. Thoughts?

h2go

Bronze

Re: portable practice areas

Post by h2go » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:05 am

Labor and employment.

dailygrind

Diamond

Post by dailygrind » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm a 2nd year DC biglaw practicing in a specialized regulatory group that has no relevance to mid-law firms in the midwest. Problem is, I want to go to a midlaw firm in the midwest in a few years. I'm going to switch practice groups, and I'd like suggestions as to areas are most portable. Thoughts?
I'd probably look at the midwest law firms and see what the big assoc. groups are. Off the top of my head, some types of regulatory work translate into corporate work, which I imagine every market needs some of.

zot1

Gold

Post by zot1 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:27 pm

h2go wrote:Labor and employment.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”