Bay Area Diversity Fair 2016

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
ticklemesilly

Bronze

Bay Area Diversity Fair 2016

Postby ticklemesilly » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:58 am

Thanks
Last edited by ticklemesilly on Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dabigchina

Silver

Re: Bay Area Diversity Fair 2016

Postby dabigchina » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

ticklemesilly wrote:I noticed there was a forum created for this last year, so I wanted to create one for this year.

Also, I had 2 questions:

1) Does it hurt you to participate as a non-URM, rather than waiting for regional recruiting or your school's OCI?

2) Does interviewing with a firm as part of the diversity fair foreclose you from then trying to interview with them again later at OCI?

Thanks!

It seems like interest tapered off because it was so stupidly competitive last year.

As to the second question, there does seem to be a few firms that don't want you to interview if they come to your OCI. Latham and Jones Day specifically called it out in their descriptions. I wound up not bidding on any firms that had that little "No multiple interviews" icon just to be safe.

ticklemesilly

Bronze

Postby ticklemesilly » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:22 am

dabigchina wrote:
ticklemesilly wrote:I noticed there was a forum created for this last year, so I wanted to create one for this year.

Also, I had 2 questions:

1) Does it hurt you to participate as a non-URM, rather than waiting for regional recruiting or your school's OCI?

2) Does interviewing with a firm as part of the diversity fair foreclose you from then trying to interview with them again later at OCI?

Thanks!

It seems like interest tapered off because it was so stupidly competitive last year.

As to the second question, there does seem to be a few firms that don't want you to interview if they come to your OCI. Latham and Jones Day specifically called it out in their descriptions. I wound up not bidding on any firms that had that little "No multiple interviews" icon just to be safe.

That's helpful, thanks!

Just to clarify, interest in the forum tapered off because posters were so competitive? Or interest in the fair tapered off, because the job market was so competitive?

dabigchina

Silver

Postby dabigchina » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:26 am

ticklemesilly wrote:
dabigchina wrote:

Also, I had 2 questions:

Thanks!

That's helpful, thanks!

Just to clarify, interest in the forum tapered off because posters were so competitive? Or interest in the fair tapered off, because the job market was so competitive?

Job market, but this is baseless speculation tbh. I just remember people not really getting a lot of callbacks outside of a few with pretty ridiculous stats/URM status.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:45 am

Return to “Legal Employment�