Split Summers/ AG/ Fed Judge Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Gifted Hands

Bronze

Split Summers/ AG/ Fed Judge

Post by Gifted Hands » Sun May 29, 2016 12:21 pm

Hi guys, for some reason my browser won't let me search this site but is it good experience working for the AG office for half the summer and a fed distrcit judge for the other half? Will that make me look too devoted to gov't or criminal work? And will working for a deeply Republican AG alienate me from democratic employers. BUT, the judge was an Obama appointee so that's a mitigating factor i guess.

Edit: this is my 1L summer

hdivschool

Bronze

Re: Split Summers/ AG/ Fed Judge

Post by hdivschool » Sun May 29, 2016 12:44 pm

Those are two common/generic 1L summer internships. I doubt they would raise any eyebrows about your interests or politics or otherwise.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun May 29, 2016 1:19 pm

hdivschool wrote:Those are two common/generic 1L summer internships. I doubt they would raise any eyebrows about your interests or politics or otherwise.
what if i worked in capital litigation? would that change the calculus?

hdivschool

Bronze

Post by hdivschool » Sun May 29, 2016 4:30 pm

If you put that on your resume, people will infer that you're conservative and interested in being a prosecutor. But that still won't matter to most interviewers. There are plenty of former prosecutors at big firms.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”