Kramer Levin Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Kramer Levin

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 25, 2016 5:28 pm

I have an informal meet and greet situation coming up with Kramer Levin for their corporate group, does anyone have any insight into their culture and their M&A, finance and capital markets practices? Would like to get a feel before I meet with my contact there, especially with regards to culture and the quality of their practice groups.

Thanks!

arisboddle

New

Re: Kramer Levin

Post by arisboddle » Wed May 25, 2016 6:04 pm

Their culture is more lactobacillus bulgaricus than streptococcus thermophilus.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 25, 2016 6:18 pm

arisboddle wrote:Their culture is more lactobacillus bulgaricus than streptococcus thermophilus.
I bet you're a real hit with the ladies.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu May 26, 2016 8:17 am

Bump

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu May 26, 2016 9:31 am

I know a bit about Kramer Levin but my information is somewhat old, so take it with that caveat.

Kramer Levin has two excellent practice groups - White Collar and Bankruptcy. The other groups are a notch-plus below.

The culture is okay - good people all around, including the big names like Berke, Naftalis, Mayer, etc. That trickles down to associates, who appear to have more personality than, e.g. the average Davis Polkster*. This is usually, though not always, a good thing. Within any practice area or team the atmosphere is collaborative and generally positive.

The different practice groups are a bit silo-ed. You could work in the office for a long time and not know the people a floor below you, which might make sense at a mega-firm, but is a bit out of place at a firm that size. Also, if you end up doing something other than White Collar or Bankruptcy, you will likely either be servicing one of the other departments.

*With apologies to DPW, I don't count personalities that are meticulously crafted for presentation on resumes.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:31 pm

Please let me know if anyone has any updated information regarding Kramer Levin in general, and specifically regarding their PE/corporate practice. I am interested in some opportunities in this practice and would appreciate any information anyone may have and if they would be willing to discuss with me.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:52 pm

Had a callback there last year. So many laterals. Not saying its a bad thing but the lateral partners i met werent that great. It was corporate.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”