Best Patent Litigation Firms in SF/NY/DC/Bos? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Best Patent Litigation Firms in SF/NY/DC/Bos?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri May 06, 2016 12:46 am

I've found threads comparing a handful of firms (e.g., Knobbe v. Paul Hastings v. Sidley), but I haven't seen anything resembling a more general list on this forum (of course, there's Chambers & Partners). Assuming no particular technological focus and sufficient credentials, where should an aspiring patent summer associate/associate try to work for the best experience and exit options?

Put another way, imagine you're the GC of a Fortune 100 company and you just got sued by a sophisticated competitor, or need to go after a sophisticated competitor for infringement--who are your go-to firms in each city?

San Francisco--
1. ???
2. ???
3. ???

New York--
1. ???
2. ???
3. ???

DC--
1. ???
2. ???
3. ???

Boston--
1. ???
2. ???
3. ???

anonnymouse

Bronze

Re: Best Patent Litigation Firms in SF/NY/DC/Bos?

Post by anonnymouse » Fri May 06, 2016 2:18 pm

1. Best experience vs 2. Best exits vs 3. Best for GCs to hire will all give different results. That said, here's a go at it:
Anonymous User wrote:I've found threads comparing a handful of firms (e.g., Knobbe v. Paul Hastings v. Sidley), but I haven't seen anything resembling a more general list on this forum (of course, there's Chambers & Partners). Assuming no particular technological focus and sufficient credentials, where should an aspiring patent summer associate/associate try to work for the best experience and exit options?

Put another way, imagine you're the GC of a Fortune 100 company and you just got sued by a sophisticated competitor, or need to go after a sophisticated competitor for infringement--who are your go-to firms in each city?

San Francisco--
1. DurieTangrie
2. Keker
3. Fenwick

New York--
1. Fish
2. Desmaris
3. Would have said Quinn 2 yrs ago but now maybe Kirkland or Wilmer

DC--
1. Finnegan (yes they do lit)
2. Covington
3. W&C

Boston--
1. Fish
2. Wilmer
3. Choate
If you truly want more experience, go boutique.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”