Is law review important for me? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Avian

Bronze

Re: Is law review important for me?

Post by Avian » Wed May 04, 2016 12:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OP Here: Just so we're all on the same page, we're talking about LR from my current school? It is a good idea to try to get on LR at my current school for OCI purposes at the school I transfer to?

Again, I think maybe some of the purpose of my post is lost. I'm not debating whether or not to do law review period, the question is (assuming I can do LR at the transfer school) should I still do it at my current school?

I'm guessing the answer still is yes because (1) it's not 100% certain I will transfer, and (2) the transfer school I attend may not allow me to/I may not get on LR.

If this is what everyone means, then cool I'll suck it up and do it (possibly twice)!

Thanks.
I think there's value in being able to say you got on for OCI. Doing an extra writing competition is really not that big of a deal and if you're transferring anyway (and more importantly, have the grades to transfer) you'll probably do ok at OCI at your new school either way, so it takes some of the pressure off.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Wed May 04, 2016 1:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OP Here: Just so we're all on the same page, we're talking about LR from my current school? It is a good idea to try to get on LR at my current school for OCI purposes at the school I transfer to?

Again, I think maybe some of the purpose of my post is lost. I'm not debating whether or not to do law review period, the question is (assuming I can do LR at the transfer school) should I still do it at my current school?

I'm guessing the answer still is yes because (1) it's not 100% certain I will transfer, and (2) the transfer school I attend may not allow me to/I may not get on LR.

If this is what everyone means, then cool I'll suck it up and do it (possibly twice)!

Thanks.
I would do the write-on at your 1L school as a hedge against the chance you don't transfer and to show you were invited. At the new school, if its a T14, *meh* the new law review isn't that important.

RaceJudicata

Gold

Post by RaceJudicata » Wed May 04, 2016 1:22 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong -- but you don't have your spring grades. You could easily drop back to top 25%+ and not be able to transfer to T14. In which case, LR will be critical.

Don't put all your eggs in the transfer basket..and focus on exams.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”