Brooks Pierce Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Brooks Pierce

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:19 pm

What does anyone know about Brooks Pierce in North Carolina?

Anonymous User

Re: Brooks Pierce

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:37 pm

They're very conscious of ties. I went to high school in NC, and they were still skeptical of me because I went to law school out-of-state. I could tell I was not ultimately able to convince them of my interest in NC, but maybe a better interviewer would be able to.

Edit: Also, I have heard that it's essential you latch onto a partner early. The way they give out assignments is weird, and you apparently find yourself struggling if you don't cling to someone.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun May 01, 2016 12:15 am

Wilmington?

bookofblue

New

Post by bookofblue » Sun May 01, 2016 11:02 am

Solid NC firm - one of the best. Like many NC firms, the second poster is right, you have to have good relationships with partners to get work. But they probably vet you based on your ability to get along. Don't know anything about their Wilmington office, but their Greensboro and Raleigh practices are top tier in the state

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun May 01, 2016 11:08 am

I have no ties to NC but I got a CB with them that I ended up turning down, FWIW. But I'm probably the exception to their general preference for ties. I did note that my girlfriend's family had gone to UNC and I went to the Dean Dome once but that was pretty much it. Seems like an awesome place to work though--everyone is super nice. If I ever move South they will be on my short list.

bookofblue

New

Post by bookofblue » Sun May 01, 2016 11:13 am

Anonymous User wrote:I have no ties to NC but I got a CB with them that I ended up turning down, FWIW. But I'm probably the exception to their general preference for ties. I did note that my girlfriend's family had gone to UNC and I went to the Dean Dome once but that was pretty much it. Seems like an awesome place to work though--everyone is super nice. If I ever move South they will be on my short list.
Always solid to mention the Dean Dome whenever in North Carolina

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”