Salary for a Band 3 Boutique in a major market?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Salary for a Band 3 Boutique in a major market?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:10 pm

Hi all. I was wondering what sort of starting salary could be expected at a Chambers band 2-3 boutique firm in a major market. Any insight?

favabeansoup

Bronze

Re: Salary for a Band 3 Boutique in a major market?

Postby favabeansoup » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:50 pm

What major market, NYC/LA/Chicago/DC? What practice area? Is it a Band 3 nationwide or a Band 3 just in the state?

As a general matter, this will vary widely by the firm so honestly we can't give you a very good "range" to work with.

rpupkin

Platinum

Re: Salary for a Band 3 Boutique in a major market?

Postby rpupkin » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:02 pm

I'm not sure why you're assuming that associate compensation at a boutique will be related to the Chamber's Band. Your pay will vary anywhere from less than 50% of market to above market, depending on countless factors. If you want to know how much a particular boutique will pay you, I'm afraid you're going to have to ask them (or at least ask someone who recently worked there).

Return to “Legal Employment�