Good for Enterprise app for iPhone Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
raptors_delight

New

Good for Enterprise app for iPhone

Post by raptors_delight » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:00 pm

Has anyone had experience using the Good for Enterprise app before? I have to choose between using that app for email or using a firm-provided Blackberry. As much as I hate carrying around two phones, all the reviews I've seen for the app are truly awful. Users aren't just complaining about "bad design"—they're complaining about a lack of key functions. For example, a lot of reviews said that the app won't notify you when you have new emails—you have to actually open up the app and tell it to "download" your emails to see if there are any new messages. Other people complained that the search function does absolutely nothing (i.e., that no matter what you type in, searches always return no results), that outgoing emails frequently aren't delivered, and that the mobile calendar can't be synced with Outlook. Can anyone comment on whether it's actually that bad?

Pokemon

Gold

Re: Good for Enterprise app for iPhone

Post by Pokemon » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:07 pm

Not that bad. i have e-mail notifications and my calendar is synced. Only issue is that you need to make sure each folder is synced because otherwise the app will not pick up an email that goes directly to a particular folder.

ruski

Bronze

Re: Good for Enterprise app for iPhone

Post by ruski » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:56 am

its sucks. the search feature does not work accurately. it skips several emails that contain the search word you are looking for (e.g., if you want to search all emails from John, it wont return all of them for some reason, very strange and not sure how an algorithm can get this wrong..)

also no banner notification. the only way to see if you got an email is to 1) hear the "bing"/vibrate or 2) unlock your iphone, open the app and update inbox. Very annoying and makes it hard to respond in real time. On weekends when I have a lot of active deals I find myself opening the app every 20 min to check if I got emailed.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”