How Not to Network and How to Shitpost Nonthreadworthy Rant Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Internetdan

New

Re: How Not to Network and How to Shitpost Nonthreadworthy Rant

Post by Internetdan » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:25 am

Please explain a weird path law. People who didn't fall into law after exhausting all other options and/or had becoming a lawyer the primary motivation for life decisions are generally a neurotic pefectionist strivers who suck.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:45 am

lol. This is a hilarious thread. She just sounds really insecure and desperate...

That said, I spend a lot of my time complaining about my job to other lawyers. (I'm in biglaw - around midlevel). My biglaw friend had a going away party, and I kept asking people what they wanted to do in their next profession....later on I found out one of his friends is a partner at another biglaw firm. I had basically asked this partner what he wanted to do later in life and complained about how much this profession sucks. Soo...I guess it can be awkward in different ways. Not sure which is better. I'd like to think my way is more entertaining.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:18 pm

career services are dumb, except when you need specific information, rather than interview/ networking skills.

I do agree that this thing is like dating, and i almost forgot how important appearances mean to people. I got a SA offer on spot last month. we just had conversation talking about how my first year law went, what happened in each other's day. The guy said he likes what he saw, and the fact I'm not weird and am articulate is enough for giving me an offer.

While for all the OCI/ networking thing i went to did not result in a job offer. i was definitely the girl you were describing, perhaps with less impressive achievements and more awkward manner. The thing is, one should never act desperate, work wise or dating wise.

edit- didnt get like confirmation offer on spot because he still needed to interview like ten other people. Play games people, interviews are conducted by flesh-and-blood people. The email i asked about the decision, he responded in " be patient (my name and he made an innocuous joke about it )

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”