Do I have to formally withdraw applications? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Cilia

New

Do I have to formally withdraw applications?

Post by Cilia » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:34 pm

So I've finally secured my 1L summer job and now I'm wondering about the many, many apps I still have floating around out there. Is it bad etiquette to just wait for these places to contact me or should I look up all of the recruiting managers or whoever handles their hiring and email them all to formally withdraw? I'm assuming they're mostly rejections at this point since I've waited such a long time for a response -- so the only places I bothered emailing to cancel were ones that wanted me to come in for second interviews or something. Anyway, advice is appreciated as always since I couldn't find anything on concrete info on the web or in our career handbook thing. Thanks!

Avian

Bronze

Re: Do I have to formally withdraw applications?

Post by Avian » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:23 pm

I only withdrew from places that I had heard back from that were considering me (pending interviews etc.) and obviously others that contacted me after I already accepted. Unless you know that you are under consideration, I don't think it is necessary to contact them.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”