Will this cost my acceptance? - HELP needed!!! Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Will this cost my acceptance? - HELP needed!!!

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:27 am

This is not for legal employment but I am just seeking an anonymous section to post the issue.

So - I ED'ed one school and got admitted. But just recently, I discovered one mistake in the app - in my employment history/resume, I put my last position held at a company while actually i held multiple positions. It is like that I put XXX from Jan.1 to Dec.1 while actually I was AA from Jan.1 - May.1 and my position changed to XXX from May.1. I didn't recognize the issue at all becuz it was such a minor position change - no management promotion involved, no job nature changed and no department change. I would not even think it is some change that would worth a separate entry. I just passed some tests to have a specialization in the job.

I wrote to my ED school on that and expected it to be OK. but the admission director just replied me saying "will share with the admission committee and let you know if there's issues or concerns". I am freaking out now as i expect this just to be a minor update and didn't even see this worth "sharing with the committee". Will this cost my admission or scholarship? I have withdrawn from all other schools after admission to this one.... so I am really terrified now.

Any opinions appreciated

TLSModBot

Diamond

Re: Will this cost my acceptance? - HELP needed!!!

Post by TLSModBot » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:52 am

It doesn't matter/they won't care.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:01 am

Capitol_Idea wrote:It doesn't matter/they won't care.
I orginally thought the same. But with the director replied in midnight and said that he will share with the committee, i am really scared.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:02 am

1) Why are you posting in the legal employment forum
2) This is the least important thing ever in the history of this website and I would bet my life that you are fine. Chill the fuck out.

kellyfrost

Platinum

Post by kellyfrost » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:08 am

Clearly wrote:1) Why are you posting in the legal employment forum
2) This is the least important thing ever in the history of this website and I would bet my life that you are fine. Chill the fuck out.

Let me first begin by asking that you do not "out this anon" for abusing the anon feature.

Second, I agree with Clearly. This is the most insignificant issue ever brought up in the admission process since this site was created. You will be fine. I would probably be shocked if this admissions employee even remembers to mention this to the committee tomorrow.

Here is what you need to do, first calm down, second, find the nearest bottle of liquor and take a few hard pulls off the bottle. This will help relax you and take the edge off this stressful situation. Take a few more hard pulls and then climb in bed and surf the web on your smart phone until you fall asleep.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:06 am

kellyfrost wrote:
Clearly wrote:1) Why are you posting in the legal employment forum

Let me first begin by asking that you do not "out this anon" for abusing the anon feature.

Second, I agree with Clearly. This is the most insignificant issue ever brought up in the admission process since this site was created. You will be fine. I would probably be shocked if this admissions employee even remembers to mention this to the committee tomorrow.

Here is what you need to do, first calm down, second, find the nearest bottle of liquor and take a few hard pulls off the bottle. This will help relax you and take the edge off this stressful situation. Take a few more hard pulls and then climb in bed and surf the web on your smart phone until you fall asleep.

Thanks for your reassurance. I am being very paranoid these days, worrying that there's sth that could hurt my acceptance or future bar C&F . I actually already hv amended my app for a minor mistake of time period(sth like change the end date of employment from Apr to March as I resigned last day of March). I am even worried abt the adcom considering me suspicious as i kept making such minor changes to my app. Theres actually another mistake in my app -- one box of whether one employment was during academic year, i didnt check the box as I should....

Will try my best to calm myself down and i am really sorry abt posting this on Employment section. I just freaked out upon receiving a response from the director in mid night... it was so scary when he said ”share with the committee“ as the last time I amended he only said that it would go into my file....

I do need some liquor I guess. Thank you

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:34 am

Getting promoted from position A to position B is more impressive than getting hired for position B so nobody will assume you're lying.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:01 am

You'll be fine. And don't post in Legal Employment.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Legal Employment”