1L Summer Internship - State SG Office Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

1L Summer Internship - State SG Office

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:41 pm

Anyone have input on interning in a state solicitor general's office 1L summer? I'm median at HYSCCN, and am shooting for a 2L SA position in DC/NYC biglaw lit. Internship offer is from my home state's SG (secondary market); while I don't want to go back there after law school, interning for the top appellate litigator in the state seems like it'd be a super sweet gig. I just don't know anyone IRL who has done it, so it'd be great to hear from anyone with experience or thoughts.

Edit: I have a couple summer options that have the benefit of being in DC (I have no prior connections there), but the work would be less interesting. I guess part of what I'm asking is whether it matters what state I'm in, etc., especially when considering more selective markets like DC.

Return to “Legal Employment”