(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
GoesWithTheTerritory

Postby GoesWithTheTerritory » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:08 pm

Thanks for the help!
Last edited by GoesWithTheTerritory on Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Anonymous User

Re: Skadden 1st Year Practice Groups

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:11 pm

*not being snarky*

If you're presumably a new lateral candidate/3L hire, wouldn't you be able to simply ask recruiting how the process works? If not, isn't this question a little premature? I've found their legal recruiting department to be incredibly helpful.

GoesWithTheTerritory

Postby GoesWithTheTerritory » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:28 pm

Absolutely understand that response and might be getting a bit ahead of myself. But I am very interested in the answer and if anyone has it, would appreciate a response.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:34 am

You're hired to the firm, not to a practice group. But you'll give preference for 2-or-so practice groups, and basically do a rotation through them (or maybe a related practice group if you chose a tiny one where there's no room for you -- which is more likely than not to happen if you choose a tiny one without getting your foot in the group's door over the summer). After that, you'll get assigned to one permanently.

GoesWithTheTerritory

Postby GoesWithTheTerritory » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:40 pm

Thanks for the help!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:37 am

FYI I'm not sure if the above is true for litigation. It might just be true for transactional (def true for transactional).

Return to “Legal Employment”