Mailing apps on Christmas eve/Christmas Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
AZ123

New

Mailing apps on Christmas eve/Christmas

Post by AZ123 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:36 am

I'm in the process of sending out apps for 1L summer. Is it weird to send them on Christmas eve/Christmas even though no one will be in the office, or would I be better off waiting until after the holidays?

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Re: Mailing apps on Christmas eve/Christmas

Post by WestOfTheRest » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:05 am

Seriously? For 1L summer? On Christmas Eve and Christmas? Don't you have friends? Family? Maybe you just don't celebrate Christmas? Whatever the reason, no, don't send them. This is why no one can stand 1Ls.

Platinum

Post by 2014 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:25 am

The above is overly harsh - they won't read them today however so Id shoot for Sunday or Monday so that you don't fall to the bottom of the pile behind others who do wait.

wwwcol

Bronze

Post by wwwcol » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:48 am

WestOfTheRest wrote:Seriously? For 1L summer? On Christmas Eve and Christmas? Don't you have friends? Family? Maybe you just don't celebrate Christmas? Whatever the reason, no, don't send them. This is why no one can stand 1Ls.
It could be okay as long as OP explains his lack of Christmas ties in the cover letter, eg "I am sending this application on Dec. 25 because I am a Jew."

Abbie Doobie

Silver

Post by Abbie Doobie » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:40 pm

op sounds like a great personality fit for biglaw

wiz

Diamond

Post by wiz » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:42 pm

Being willing to work on Christmas is a quality that firms will value in a future associate.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”