Background check-employment history contact Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Background check-employment history contact

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:10 pm

I was no-offered over the summer due to being on the losing end of a numbers game and at the time, the hiring partner directed me to send anyone with questions about the no offer to him, not the recruiter nor any other supervisor. I managed to get an offer at a different firm and they're about to run a background check. Do I still list the hiring partner as the employment history contact person? Should I list someone less senior, like the recruiter, at this point since they're just answering whether or not I worked the dates I say I did?

Nebby

Diamond

Re: Background check-employment history contact

Post by Nebby » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I was no-offered over the summer due to being on the losing end of a numbers game and at the time, the hiring partner directed me to send anyone with questions about the no offer to him, not the recruiter nor any other supervisor. I managed to get an offer at a different firm and they're about to run a background check. Do I still list the hiring partner as the employment history contact person? Should I list someone less senior, like the recruiter, at this point since they're just answering whether or not I worked the dates I say I did?
Email the hiring partner and ask if you should list them for this purpose.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”