Boies Armonk? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Boies Armonk?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:48 am

Edit: finished choosing.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Re: Boies Armonk?

Post by jbagelboy » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:25 am

1) Do you want to live in the suburbs/more upstate or in new york city?

2) Are you interested in general litigation or a more specific practice area? Keeping in mind that Boies office won't have as wide a range of practice as an NY V5. Are you okay with heavy securities or white collar practice, do you have a preference here?

3) Do you like finding your own work and are you comfortable pursuing business development for compensation, or would you prefer a lock-step model with an assignment structure or rotations? There's a different personality type appeal here.

4) How important is starting comp to you?

If I was die-hard lit and comfortable living/working that far away from the city, I'd probably choose Boies. More concretely, since living north of white plains would basically suck for me, my relationship, ect., I'd go to a firm in the city (esp if it was DPW or CSM).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:18 pm

jbagelboy wrote: Keeping in mind that Boies office won't have as wide a range of practice as an NY V5.
This point is not true---BSF (both NYC and Armonk) has a varied practice and associates are on lots of different kinds of cases. On average a BSF associate will do less securities (and certainly less white collar) than a v5 lit associate. Also you don't need to do bizdev to make money, but you can. You can get paid a ton without bringing in business.

The point about work assignment is true; interesting work won't find you generally.

[former BSF (NYC) summer]

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:04 am

agreed with the previous poster
[former boies nyc summer]

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”